Friday, August 8, 2014

In Great Shape

We're still Shaping-Up at Jingle Belles by created shaped holiday cards (anything but a square or rectangle will do).

Here's what we created this week:

Lauren's Other Card

Lauren says, "Ok, I realize this isn't as overtly Christmassy as an ornament or a tree, (or a silver bell!) but I love round cards and I don't think I've made one yet this year, so clearly it was time! In my great big file of inspiring photos I found a few round cards that used this sort of three-sector design, and I combined that idea with the kraft, bold flower, and horizontal sentimentof last week's gorgeous inspiration card (#202) on the CASE study challenge blog."



Stephanie says, "I wanted to do another iconic Christmas shape, so I chose a Silver Bell ... I found an on-line bell template which I traced onto glittery silver cardstock (and the card base behind it).  I added some scoring and out-lined the image with permanent black marker.  I finished with a ribbon bow, a die cut poinsettia, and some SRM Stickers."

We hope you're having fun getting-in shape for the holidays.  You have until Wednesday at 6pm EST to share your wonderful creations.

PS - if you're one of those people who likes to enter multiple challenges, Virginia's View is also celebrating Shaped Cards.

1 comment:

Ellen Taylor said...

These are both fantastic cards! Love the pink and kraft together and the silver bell! gorgeous!!!