Friday, April 1, 2011

Jingle Belles, Batman Smells!

If you haven't already figured it out by now, Lauren & I have parts of our personalities (particularly our senses of humor) that are stuck in the stages of pre-adolescent silliness ... it keeps us from taking life too seriously.

So, when we discovered our prompt this week falls on April Fool's Day, we couldn't resist a rather foolish prompt:

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!



So yes ... this week is Jingle Belles, Batman Smells ... we're asking you to make a humorous card for the holidays. It can be a bit twisted, silly, or just plain laugh-out-loud funny ... just incorporate some holiday levity into your design.




Stef says, "My card uses digital paper-piecing with the fabulous Stella from Bugaboo Stamps. She's always got an attitude that makes me chuckle ... click on over to my blog if you want some tips on digital paper-piecing."

Lauren's Card


Lauren says, "two of my all-time favorite things being vintage card ingredients and the LOLcats, it didn't take long to settle on a photograph from an old ideals magazine converted into a fusion of both! :) a computer-generated funny sentiment, loads of "love elsie" goodness, and a bit of stitching later, i was ready to ROCK our special april fool's edition!"






So show us your best silly April Fool's holiday card creations ... we're ready for some giggles.




Link up by 6pm EST on Wednesday, April 6, 2011. Use keyword JB14 for SCS or our flickr Gallery.

13 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so funny, LOL! I am not sure if I can "crack" something out this week but I am definitely going to be here in order to join in the fun!

Leslie Hanna said...

Purrrrrrfect! I have a boatload of irreverence! :)

Amanda Profumo said...

HA! We sing the "Batman smells" song year round in these parts! ;) Can't wait to belly laugh! Great prompt!

June Houck said...

Robin laid an egg...

You two make me LOL! I am glad I finished my coffee because I would have spit it out all over my laptop!!!

Hazel said...

Lol!! Great challenge - will have to get my thinking cap on! x

Tracy said...

haven't been able to participate but i have been checking in :-) and this one really made my day - thanks for the laughs. (batman and kitties - believe it or not big topics in my house so extra special)

Lisa said...

Oh my!! Super funny but I dont know if I can pull this challenge off. I'll have to put my thinking cap on...

Rose said...

LOL you two are too funny!! LOVE that about you too :)

think i have an image to use that is purrrrfect :)

myself said...

YIKES! looks like fun, but... um... this one is REALLY outta my box. Hmmm... it may be another late post...

KatheD said...

count me with lisa - i don't know how to do funny + Christmas (i'm not even very good at funny by itself); plus i'm just in awe of the cards already here - good thing it's a "challenge" and not a competition!

Pajalu said...

Had to put the "thinking silly" cap on for this one. Oh what fun xoxoxoxo

Lisa said...

great challenge! i agree with the others, I'm really not that funny, so this was really challenging for me! Managed something but thanks for getting me thinking! Looking forward to next week!

Misty Olsen said...

The kittens are the cutest!!! thing ever :o) I wish I was smart enough to ask that question when I was younger LOL