Friday, January 6, 2012

MORE time like the presents!

just a reminder that this year we're posting our creative prompts every OTHER friday, so if you'd like to get in on the fun with our current theme, NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT(S), you still have until next wednesday evening! please scroll down to see the original post, ogle the gorgeous cards made by our lovely guest stars, and link up your own creations!

since stef and i (lauren) need to finish up the year with around fifty cards each, our plan is to make two cards for each prompt. sometimes they'll be variations on the same theme, sometimes they'll each go off in a completely different direction. we won't always post them here in the "off weeks" but sometimes we will, and this is one of those times!  :)



stef says, "This was my first attempt at origami wrapping paper folding. 
The words on the silver paper didn't quite show like I'd hoped, but I still love the 
soft muted effect.  A few punched holly leaves, silver *berries*,
a wrap of silver cord, and an EAD Rub-on Sentiment finish the design."


lauren says, "i almost always have a couple of totally conflicting ideas for any prompt and often my biggest problem deciding which to use... which is one of the reasons i'm excited about getting TWO shots at each one this year! you can see i went in a completely different direction with this card, and in my collage i've included some chipboard presents in addition to MORE giftwrap usage in the form of that beautiful holly leaf background paper. by the way, the silver "jingle bells" were cut using a memory box die that i predict you'll be seeing A LOT OF this year--the lovely miss lorraine gave one to both stef and me for christmas, and we are IN LOVE with them, for obvious reasons!  (thank you, lorraine!!!♥)"


if you have a little free time, why not sit down now and make your own version of a NO TIME LIKE THE PRESENT(S) card?! if you believe you *don't* have time to make holiday cards right now, let me ask you this: will you have MORE or LESS TIME in december??! ...just askin'... (come & play!) :) :) :) 

4 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi girls, these are super dooper, I love them both and I am inspired to have a go at making my own this weekend to add to the one I have I have in the box already....

K x

Lisa said...

I love the second take on the origami wreath which I really want to have a go at and Lauren - your card is awesome. Already pinned for future inspiration :-)

Charlene Austin said...

Great cards girls. Love your second takes on the prompt. And thanks for your amazing welcoming comments on my first entry. I will be back!

Evgenia Levitskaya said...

so cute cards