Friday, May 4, 2012

Embossing Around the Christmas Tree

This week we're celebrating embossing ... dry embossing, heat embossing, or even textured or embossed papers ... whatever you can do to add a little texture to your holiday project.

Here's what we created this week:


Lauren's Card
Lauren says, "yep, believe it or not, this inky, stamped card *IS* actually MINE... and no one's more surprised than i am! :) but i was inspired AND educated by this card and video of jennifer mcguire's to try out the "emboss/resist" technique and found it surprisingly easy and fun! i've also pressure-embossed my acrylic letters and snowflakes with a cuttlebug folder, to add a subtle-- but rather lovely-- extra bit of texture."



Stephanie says, "My card features both heat embossing (which I do with almost every sentiment I stamp ... I always use Transcendence Clear Embossing Powder, which works with all kinds of inks & lasts forever) and dry embossing.  I found some cool silver metallic shelf liner at the hardware store, so I had to give it a try.  I removed the adhesive & attached it to white cardstock before running it through my Cuttlebug ... and voila ... shiny metallic texture.  
I also embossed the edge of my die cut frames.  
The layout is this week's CPS Sketch."

So dig out those neglected embossing powders ... or your favorite cuttlebug folder ... or even some dry embossing templates and let us see how you can add embossed texture to your holiday cards.

You have until Wednesday, May 16th at 5:00 pm EST to link-up your creations ... use keyword JB10-12 if you upload to galleries (including our Flickr Gallery).


8 comments:

Eveline said...

I like heat embossing and dry embossing and embossing. Great new challenge.
Eveline.

Sandra said...

I'm going to try my best and play along. I found you through the talented Lisa - and I love these cards so much :)

Mynn xx said...

Just found your fabulous challenge! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration--gorgeous creations, ladies!!! :)

Dawn Frost said...

Great embossed cards ladies, thanks for a great challenge!

Marianne said...

Thought I had already left a comment last week ... apparently not. Love this fortnight's prompt. I have been doing quite some thinking and have been experimenting yesterday. Will be showing some results soon LOL.

Rose said...

you girls rocked it again!! both cards are stunning!! :)

Bonnie said...

I love embossing so this is right up my alley. Both of these samples are gorgeous!

Rose said...

UGH! forgot it ends on wed not thurs!
oh well here is my second card anyway :)lol

http://roseshappyplace.blogspot.com/2012/05/deck-halls.html