Friday, July 13, 2012

♥ either red *OR* green (...but NOT both!) ♥

happy friday the 13th, ♥JINGLE BELLES♥, we hope, like us, you'll feel this is your lucky day, when we tell you that we have one of our favorite belles, the lovely june houck, jingling along with us for the next fortnight! you'll probably recognize that name from seeing it in the link list on many of our past prompts; she's also got a wonderful blog, simply elegant papercrafts, and is on the design teams at my pink stamper and pumpkin spice.


june has devised (in our opinion!) one of the cleverest prompts of the year so far. we call it red OR green and the "OR" is capitalized on purpose, because june's got a fun little twist for us: the assignment is to create a holiday card that incorporates either red OR green... but not BOTH!!! so, for example, you can have red and aqua, or green and silver, or all red, or all green; you can throw in any neutral shades you'd like; you can choose whatever brights, neons or pastels you want; but if you've got RED, you have to leave out the GREEN... and vice versa! 


here's what we came up with this week:


June says, "When I started crafting I ALWAYS stamped in black ink, my cards were symmetrical and/or perpendicular, and all holiday cards were in traditional red and green OR blue and silver. I still tend to create cards with elements that are perfectly straight, but I have learned to enjoy placing items on at an angle on occasion and I particularly like making holiday cards that are not both red and green. Red is my favorite color, but I also like pink and aqua Christmas cards (Lauren's influence!)"

Stephanie says, "I decided to go monochromatic for this week's card combining deep green with a subtle sparkly gold cardstock.  Stamps are from Artistic Outpost and sketch is from 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown.  The background is embossed with a brick embossing folder (to feel like the wall of the house). I stamped the wreath a second time & attached it (and the sentiment) with foam tape for dimension."


Lauren says, "i used unscripted sketch #166, and color-wise... as you can plainly see... i went with green and blue. i've got lots of shades of each, with plenty of white for good measure and just the teeeeeeeeeeeeniest accent of black to give everything definition. i have used a few specifically christmassy papers, but most of this card is made up of scraps of "regular" non-holiday stash. i love when my supplies can "multi-task" that way!"

and now it's time to see what glorious holiday creations ♥YOU♥ will make, using either red OR green! link them up right here between now and 6pm (est) on wednesday, july 25th. the keyword for galleries and our flickr group is JB:12:15.


updated sunday, 7-15-12: due to a few mix-ups regarding this week's prompt, we've expanded and clarified the title of this post to better reflect the assignment. in order to prevent confusion and be fair to all players, we’re going to have to delete cards that blatantly use BOTH red AND green this week!!! thanks very much for understanding!!! ♥♥♥

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wahoooooo for June!!!!! Sooo fun!!!

Lisa said...

Great challenge from June, she is very talented! Awesome inspiration from the DT, I cant wait to play along!

Lisa said...

Ooo, this is a great prompt. Love it! Wonderful inspiration from the team. Can't wait to get going.

Eveline said...

Lovely challenge. I won't be home untill the 22 nd so I might not have the time to craft.
Eveline.

Debbie said...

Wonderful creations by June, Lauren and Stephanie! But really??? Red OR green??!!?? This is tough for me!! LOL

Mynn xx said...

Well, I've got a RED one AND a GREEN one--hope that's okay! :) LOVE the DT cards--fabulous, girls1 :)

Rose said...

well June gave us a hard one!! :)
fantastic cards DT and i must confess and tell you i used a tiny bit of red.......what? that's the way i roll ;) lol

Marianne said...

I'm sooo happy I found the time to play along this fortnight and well before the deadline too LOL. Thanks for the great prompt June and thanks for the wonderful inspiration girls. I thought I had already commented on your fab cards but apparently I had not. ;-(
My green card is still being created in my head, so who knows ...

Lorraine said...

What a lovely challenge and certainly those are lovely cards too! So glad I made it this week. Cheers!