Friday, September 21, 2012

Dashing Through the Snow

For our next prompt at Jingle Belles, we're Dashing Through the Snow ... creating projects that celebrate the white fluffy flakes of snow ... it might be snowmen, snowflakes, or just snowfall, but include some snow on your creations.

Here are our snowy cards:

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "last year our lovely fellow belle marie bingaman suggested  "suzy snowflake" (as sung by the awesome rosemary clooney) which had the distinction of not only being a fabulous inspiration for a prompt, but also being a holiday song from the 1950's which neither stef nor i-- serious xmas music aficionados-- had ever heard before! when i started sorting through supplies to make this "snowy" card, the leftover bit of sheet music was one of my first finds, and inspired (along with the current scrapbooking sketch from the basic grey blog!) my entire design!"



Stephanie says, "I went with a homey little snowman from Simple Stories Handmade Holidays collection ... I love how the background designer paper coordinates with his scarf ... a bit of kraft & twine, and this card came together quickly using this week's Saturday Card Sketch at Two Peas in a Bucket."

So think snow ... and share your creations with us.  You have until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 3rd to link-up your snowy cards; use keyword JB-12-20 in galleries and our flickr group ...  and most of all, have some creative fun.


12 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Great cards, ladies! Thanks, Lauren for mentioning l'il ole me! :)

Carina said...

Hi!

I had made a card for your challenge and this is my first Christmas card.
Thank,s for the lovley inspirationscard you are giving to me.

Ellen Taylor said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks for the challenge!

Patti said...

Enjoyed this challenge.

Electra said...

I followed directions and had some creative fun, so THANK YOU! for that!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE winter and snow, what a great combination! thanks for a snowy challenge!

Anonymous said...

another fun challenge - thanks! as always, beautiful card lauren and cute card stephanie - thanks for the inspiration!
linda

Karen said...

Such fantastic DT creations, as always. :o) Thank you for the inspiration and the wonderfully snowy challenge! :o)

Hugs and blessings!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Wonderful DT creations hugs Ginny ♥

Rose said...

ok i know my card is a stretch, but time is short! lol

fantastic cards ladies :)

Jennipher said...

Didn't know you lovely ladies existed but I'm glad I found you! I'm always in need of a Christmas challenge!

Andrea W said...

I love the snow theme challenge and the fantastic DT inspiration. Thanks!