Friday, November 16, 2012

christmas feast

can you believe we're already midway through november, ♥JINGLE BELLES♥?! nor can we, but a quick glance at the calendar confirms that not only is (american) thanksgiving a mere week away, but that today marks the start of our very last holiday card prompt for 2012*!!! in honor of both thanksgiving AND the many glorious and delicious seasonal foods which appear around the holidays, this time we're asking you to create a holiday card which has some sort of FOOD on it... whether it's visions of sugarplums, cookies and cocoa for santa, roast turkey or goose, plum pudding, a cup of christmas tea... well, you get the idea, right? here are some tasty treats we've whipped up to inspire you:


Stephanie says, "There are certain foods (yes, I most definitely consider candy a food) that always remind me of Christmas, and Candy Canes are most certainly one of those.  My Grandma put a Candy Cane in our stocking every Christmas, so this card reminds me of how much I enjoyed celebrating the holidays with her.  I cut out a candy cane card base (the card fold is along the left) and covered the entire shape with white glitter wrapping paper.  I used extra-strong double-sided tape to adhere the red glitter wrapping paper stripes and finished with a sentiment tag backed with more red glitter paper & a tiny red gem for accent."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "i have to confess that i'm more interested in the DECORATIVE properties of gingerbread than actually eating it, but for years i've been fascinated by a local competition in which artists of all ages build the most fantastic and fabulous gingerbread houses you've ever seen! each year i say i am going to try my hand at it, and one of these days i *WILL*! (but this year i've settled for a reallllllly cute little card made with imaginisce rub-ons using this week's saturday card sketch challenge at two peas in a bucket!) :)


so bring us your figgy pudding... and any other festive foodstuffs you can fit on a card! be sure to link it up right here between now and 6pm (EST) on wednesday, november 28th. keyword for galleries and our flickr group is JB12-24.


*but yes, if you're wondering, we WILL be back in 2013 with more fortnightly card-making hijinks, and we're looking for a few "lovely guest stars" to help us out! have a great idea for a prompt? always wanted to try your hand at a card sketch? or maybe you'd just like to come along as a guest designer some week? drop us a line at jinglebellesrock @ hotmail [dot] com! and whether or not you'd like to participate in that way, why not plan to join us on january 1st as we kick off the new year in a RESOLUTIONARY way!!! ♥♥♥

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Super last prompt for the year. Sad that it's the last one but so happy I got to play along again for the last few weeks and top up my card numbers.
You girls rock! thanks for all the cool motivation and inspiration throughout the year. I've just discovered that I will be away the first two weeks of Dec and need to get my cards finished and written NOW. Imagine how disadvantaged I would have been if you hadn't been there all year filling me with ideas and getting me to get ahead of the game. THANKS!

Lisa said...

Yeah! I just hit 70! thanks and I can't believe i made it

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Thank you for the wonderful challenge! So happy I was able to play along and share in the fun of your last challenges for 2012~
Big smiles,
Heather

Rose said...

SWEET prompt to end another awesome year :) so thankful you two "help" me get my cards made without the "rush" :)looking forward to another fun year with JB's!!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful cards and a fun prompt, but now i'm hungry. looking forward to playing again next year!
linda

Barbara said...

I have a feeling I won't get to participate in this wonderful last prompt but I wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate your blog. Your challenges are so much fun - and all the work that you put into it leaves me speechless. THANK YOU!!! I'm very much looking forward to joining in the fun again in January!