Friday, April 19, 2013

Joy to the Earth

We're still celebrating Earth Day at Jingle Belles this week by creating projects that incorporate recycling.

Here's our second round of recycled creations.


Lauren's Other Card
Lauren says, "One of my 'real life' projects this week was to line the inside of some cupboards in my new home with this pretty black and white toile contact paper I snagged at the dollar store. There wasn't much leftover, but i rescued the biggest scrap... along with another lovely recycled holiday card from last year... to make this card. I also incorporated this week's awesome Merry Monday sketch!"


Stephanie says, "Every year our marketing team at the office gets new sample books from the various paper manufacturers ... and the old paper sample books get to come home with me.  While the sample pieces are small, they are the perfect size for card making.  This entire card including the image (which was included in one book to show the effect of color printing on gorgeous ivory shimmer paper) was recycled from these sample books (love the gorgeous linen lines in the heavy background cardstock).  The silver shimmer cardstock was perfect for punching snowflakes, and I finished with an EAD Designs Vinyl rub-on sentiment.  The layout is this week's Retro Sketch."


Remember, you have until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, April 24th to link-up your recycled creations ... can't wait to see what you create.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

These are outstanding cards! I'm loving this challenge!

Brenda said...

Okay, so I linked up another card for this fabulous challenge. I PROMISE that it's the last one! I really did get carried away with this challenge.