Thursday, October 24, 2013

Not a CREATURE Was Stirring ...

When Lauren & I first starting brainstorming ideas for Jingle Belles several years ago, one of the first prompt ideas that came up in our discussion was creatures ... which says a lot about the two of us :)

We always look forward to the end of October ... the month that celebrates creatures, costumes & characters.This prompt is to create a card that features a *creature*. Your creature might be an animal ... a mouse ... a bird ... a robot ... elves ... snow-persons ... or yes, even a monstah ... just have fun with it ... you can see we did.



Stephanie says, "When I found out Stampin' Up had a new set called Fun With Christmas that featured a Christmas Sloth ... I had to have it.  As I was trying to figure out how to feature the tiny stamp, my dear husband said, "couldn't you make him into a banner" (yes, after years of providing card critique, he's that good) ... and so I did.  I stamped three Christmas Sloths, colored them with pencils, and added a Ho Ho Ho ... and then finished with some washi tape.  I also made a tag with a Christmas Fox from the same set if you want to click on over to my blog.



Lauren says, "I'm not sure why I decided to make my first Christmas monsta card a few years ago, but I know that the monsta in question was the same as this little green dude and that I cut him from a treasured roll of Paperchase's now sadly discontinued giftwrap. I paired him with a bunch of funky patterns and added a Dymo label sentiment. I've made at least a few monsta cards every year since then. They are always some of my favorites, and they ALWAYS make me smile. This time I used the current Fetch A Sketch to guide my layout, the last of my Love, Elsie blue snowflakes paper, and a little bit of deco tape. Consider Christmas monsta season 2013 officially OPEN!" :)

And now we cannot wait to see what you will do with this fun prompt! Link your cards here by Wednesday, November 6th, at 6pm (EST). Keyword for galleries and our Flickr group is JB:13:22.

7 comments:

Marianne said...

Ha, your projects really made me smile. I will have to research the Christmas sloth phenomenon, since I had never heard of it before LOl, and Lauren's monster made me go 'Of course, how could I have forgotten her previous monstas!' Love the scene and accompnying sentiment!

Electra said...

I love everything about your samples. Thanks for the fun inspiration!

Anonymous said...

stephanie and lauren, your cards are so fun and cute! i love the sloth banner and the green monster eating those trees.

Rose said...

super fun challenge and you ladies have made fab cards :)

Andrea said...

LOL what fab Christmas designs ..definitely the first christmas monster ive seen..but cute too !..another great challenge for my favourite time of the year thank you crafty hugs Andrea x

Planetsusie said...

Thank you so much for posting this lovely challenge,

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

Lisa said...

I've been waiting for those monsters all year! Super inspirational cards ladies - glad to be back even if it's just a few more weeks - eeeek!