Thursday, January 1, 2015

No Time Like the Presents

Yes Lauren & Stephanie are back for another year of Jingle Belles mayhem.  The plan is to make at least one card each week between now and the end of November ... so by the time December rolls around, our cards are finished & mailed ... and we can all enjoy the holidays.

So, there is No Time Like the Presents ... before you put away your wrapping supplies, pull out some of your favorites and make a card featuring wrapping paper or gift tags.

Here's what we made:


Stephanie says, "Let's just say my *wrapping* usually leans toward gift bags due to my less than stellar gift wrapping skills ... but when Lauren wraps a gift, it's an artistic masterpiece.  When my Christmas gift from her arrived in the mail, my first thought was - open it carefully so you can re-use that awesome wrapping paper for your first Jingle Belles card ... and so I did.  Aren't those colors amazing.  All I had to add were a trip of chipboard stickers and a trio of sequins."


Lauren says, "Apparently there is a "gift wrapping gene" and I get mine from my mother and her sister, lol! This year the latter used a very cool set of coordinating glittery blue and white tissue paper (from Costco-- who knew?) which I smoothed out and attached to plain white cardstock I'd run through my Xyron machine. I used the current Retro Sketch for my layout, but made my card a standard sized rectangle in hopes of occasionally avoiding the post office's premium on square envelopes in 2015!" (ps: for the record, I still have some of the paper in which I wrapped Stephanie's presents; so there's every chance you might just be seeing that again next week, lol!)

And now it's time for ♥YOU♥ to see what lovely little bits of giftwrap or tags are left under your own tree, in the wrapping box, or maybe even in the recycling bag?! Go grab the prettiest ones and make your first holiday card of 2015, then meet us back here! Link up by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 14th. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:15:01


7 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy New Year! Let's hope it's going to be a crafty one!

Lisa said...

So happy to see you back! Lovely new header! Hoping to join in more this year and even to bring a few new faces to the party!

Deb said...

Happy New Year! Okay, I'm going to give it a try this year and see if I can get at least a few cards made! Thanks for the inspiration and loving the Jib Jab elf picture of you two :O)

Sue said...

Happy New Year, girlies! FAB new header, and I'm actually going to PLAY THIS YEAR!!! Already planning next week's card... I may even get all crazy and start blogging again! :-D

Barbara said...

Happy New Year to you both - and thank you so much for getting me started!!

Lorraine said...

So glad to be joining you again. You two are always such a great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

beautiful creations as always and a great prompt to start the new year!