Friday, January 1, 2016

Something Old AND Something New

Happy New Year, ♥JINGLE BELLES♥! If you're a brand new reader, we welcome you; if you're an old friend, we're very happy to see you again! Either way, we know you're as anxious as we are to get started making a brand new year's worth of gorgeous holiday cards, so without further ado we'll explain that the first prompt of the year is to use something BRAND NEW along with something older from your stash! Sound fun? Yeah, we thought so, too! Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "I got this great new Avery Elle Oh What Fun Santa for Christmas ... I paired him with lots of older things in my stash including Spectrum Noir Markers, Sequins, Stitched Landscape die cut,s and two Easter Bunnies who are crashing the Christmas party."


Lauren says, "I got soooo many cool NEW crafty things as prezzies that I had trouble choosing what to use... best "problem" EVER, lol!!! I finally settled on the beautiful red damask Hambly transparency that Miss Stephanie found for me (despite those having been OOP for a couple of years!); and some Petaloo burlap flowers that maaaaaay have been a little gift from me to me when re-ordering adhesive online. From my stash I chose an illustration from an older, falling-apart children's book from which I've rescued the pretty pictures, a scrap of October Afternoon plaid, and some ancient red velvet paper."

And now it's your turn: Go to your stash, grab "Something Old AND Something New" and use them both on your first holiday card of 2016! This link will be open until 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 13th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16:01.


7 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay to another year of Christmas cardmaking fun! My first parcel of Black Friday sale goodies arrived a few days before Christmas and the second and third ones arrived 2 days ago, with lots of holiday stamps and dies. Now all I need to do is decide what to play with first...

BrendaB said...

Beautiful cards!

Barbara Godden said...

Sad but no one buys me crafty pressies. except one set of hand made flower stamps, good job I found some Christmas doilies at Michaels for 60% off. So looking forward to playing with you this year.

June Houck said...

Yay! A perfect prompt for the new year!

Lorraine said...

You guys are just so full of great inspiration. Looking forward to a fun-filled year of Jingle Belles challenges.

Anonymous said...

as always, fabulous cards and i love the new banner!! looking forward to another year of fun and inspiration!

Karen said...

Loving the new banner guys! :0)

Gorgeous cards up there, thank you for the inspiration..

And thanks for another great challenge too!xx