Friday, August 25, 2017

Have Yourself a Very Vintage Christmas

We are still celebrating "The Spirits of Christmas Past" by making cards that feature actual vintage ingredients, beautiful vintage-style modern ingredients, or which just evoke the feeling of an old fashioned holiday. Be sure to scroll down to the original post to see the complete details... (including a photo of the fun prize from Lauren's Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff!) ...and to link up your own masterpiece! Meanwhile, here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "When I was young, a favorite activity was paging through my Gran's collection of Ideals Magazines ... especially the holiday editions.  I found this vintage Ideals Magazine Photo in my collection, so I scanned it and sized it down to 5"x7" to cover my card front.  I thought the Impression Obsession sentiment was the perfect finishing touch ... do you remember making popcorn & paper ring garlands for your holiday tree?"


Lauren says, "Unfortunately neither of my grandmothers collected "Ideals" magazine, but I've made up for lost time since finding my first copy at a book sale about 15 years ago! For this card I've used two different blue-toned snowscape illustrations from two different issues of "Ideals" and framed them up with loads of textural blue, white and sparkly flowers. My layout is inspired by this week's Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge." 

No comments: