Friday, November 17, 2017

Giving (Holiday) Thanks

We're still working on those holiday thank you cards, while we dream about the upcoming Thanksgiving meal, and feel tremendously grateful to be close to wrapping up another wonderful year of card-making with so many talented friends!

Here's what we made this week:


Lauren says, "I've used the same strategy as last week-- creating a somewhat neutral design with no sentiment added yet, which could be used as an emergency Xmas card before the holiday, if necessary! I make at least a few of these washi tape quilt cards every year (a tutorial for which is in this post from 2011!!!) because they're so easy and fun to make! This time I've used a whole bunch of my favorite red and green Eyelet Outlet tapes, plus paper flowers and bling; but i've kept them fairly flat to be postal-friendly!"


Stephanie says, "This week Lauren and I were discussing ideas for being creative when your mojo has abandoned you.  She suggested I go back through some of my previous projects and re-create one.  I decided instead of go through her posts and look for inspiration.  I only had to go as far as her snowflake cards from last week.  I used monochromatic designer papers, torn edges, and simple winter accents to create cards that could be thank yous ... or last minute holiday cards (why do I never think to tear my edges).  I had to smile when I posted my cards and saw we both used the same color palette this week ... yea for traditional holiday hues (close-ups of each card are on my blog)."


Scroll down to last week's post to link up your own cards!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Such pretty designs, ladies. I don'have a lot of washi tape but Your cards are inspiring me to rummage through my neglected design papers and get back into crafting and blogging. I did create a few cards last weekend but haven't been blogging since October. Guess I have been blogging too much in the preceding months.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome inspiration cards.