Friday, November 20, 2020

A Banner Holiday

For our final Jingle Belles prompt of 2020, we're asking you to make cards that are inspired by our Jingle Belles Blog Header (digitally designed by none other than Lauren).


You might choose the red glittery letters, the garland of jingle bells, the snow covered trees or even the texty background and red snowflake to inspire you ... just make sure you tell us how your creation was inspired by our design.

Here's where we took the inspiration this week:


Stephanie says, "First I decided to make a horizontal skinny card in the shape of the banner itself.  Next instead of trees, I went with gorgeous holiday greenery paper from Tim Holtz' holiday papers and then added a light blue strip that reminded me of the bluish grey background of our banner (and was on the back); I framed the strip in red to bring out the red text that is the showcase of the banner.  Rather than a garland of bells, I chose a single bell with a white ribbon sentiment from the coordinating embellishment pack.  Then I added a December calendar inspired by our Taking Back December One Holiday Card at a Time tag line.  I finished with some red bling on the holly bows inspired by the red bling in the center of the snowflake in the banner.  I used a flipped take on the Sketch Saturday layout for my design."


Lauren says, "Ok so... my card is realllllllly literal, lol; and I want to re-stress the fact that you definitely do not have to use the sketch AND the colors AND the bells, trees, glitter letters, etc.; in fact, any one of those selections would work perfectly well! But as I was putting this together, it turned out that I had quite a few products similar to the inspo design, and I just kept adding them in! Next week's card will be much more abstract!"

♥♥♥

Link up right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, December 2nd. 
Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:20:24.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Fabulous takes on the inspiration! I'm hoping to play along this fortnight, because I still have many cards to go.
Marianne x

Lorraine said...

Your cards from both weeks are wonderfully done. Thanks so much for the inspiration of your artwork both in cards and the header.