Friday, March 17, 2023

The Twelve Days of Cardstock.

We're still eschewing commercial patterned/designer paper and celebrating Cardstock Christmas! Remember you can use any or all your favorite tricks (embossing, stamping, sanding, tearing, layering, diecutting, painting, etc, etc) you just need to start with plain cardstock.

Here's how we were inspired this week:


Lauren says, "This week I've used one of my favorite techniques on all the little offcuts of cardstock in my scrapbox: cut them into strips of various size and arrange them in quilt-like patterns. This is quite an addictive process, so I'm not sure I've ever sat down and only made just ONE panel. In this case, I made a red and a green; then pressure embossed them (the green with Spellbinders' Forevergreen; the red features an older Sheena Douglass folder that seems to be OOP) and added a little sanding and Unicorn Ink to emphasize the texture. Large fabric flowers, ancient ribbon and brads, bold cardstock mats and machine stitching complete the design(s)."



Stephanie says, "I too used cardstock scraps for this week's card.  I pulled out the colors of the rainbow (for the Hero Arts #staycraftychallenge Somewhere Over the Rainbow) and cut 1/4 strips, which I attached to my card on the diagonal working my way down from the top.  I had intended to go back and fill in the corners with the smaller scraps, but ended-up liking the contrast of white, so I stopped.  I inked the sentiment from Hero Arts Holiday Borders and Icons with a rainbow inking - I started with the red, stamped that portion, then added orange overlapping slightly and stamped again and continued until I got to the end of the rainbow.  I finished with some green bling since that was the color that ended-up in the center of the sentiment."

Cardstock Christmas continues until 6pm next Wednesday night (3/22/23) so there's plenty of time for you to join the fun! Scroll down to the original post to see the Readers' Gallery and to link your own cardstock creations.

No comments: