Friday, October 25, 2024

While Shepherds Watched their Flocks

This fortnight we're asking you to break out the animals for your holiday card ... it could be a sweet little sheep or perhaps one of Santa's reindeer ... or even a monster or Yeti if you're in a bit of a Halloween mood and want to stretch the theme.

Here's how we interpreted this week's theme:


Stephanie says, "I was hunting through my stash for my animal options, and I saw these fun Scooby-Doo Stickers.  When I looked at them and tried to think about how I might incorporate them, I saw a Christmas tree grounded by the Mystery Machine and topped with the logo.  I figured, what have I got to lose (as I tell my friends, it's just paper), so I gave it a try ... and I giggled a bit when it worked.  I added bits of bling for some tree decoration and attached my Scooby tree to a glittery card base.  I finished with a sentiment that I printed using a groovy font."


Lauren says, "As I was getting out my much-loved Lawn Fawn Winter Narwhal mini stamp set, I also found a sadly neglected Critters in the Arctic set, as well as Jen Long's Tons of Love Sizzix stamp and die set AND Rubber Moon's adorable Nerdy Narwhal. (Those latter two, sadly, are out of print though the Lawn Fawn sets are still available.) And since obviously it'd be IMPOSSIBLE to just choose one of the above, I decided to stamp my own little pod of narwhals to star in their own punny card inspired by my favorite Narwhal and Jellie book, "Happy Narwhalidays"! I used stripey Thickers and Doodlebug My Type alphas to create the sentiment, clustered the paper-pieced pod around it, added a few mats and called it good!"

♥♥♥

"While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks" (JB2422) will run until 6pm (Eastern) onWednesday, November 6th and you're invited to link up with us right here at Jingle Belles!

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge. Lovely cards.