Friday, July 31, 2026

Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe

This fortnight, we're playing Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe, which is a bit like "Beach Blanket Bingo"... but much more Christmassy... and with a lot more embellishments! We'd love for you to join us; all you have to do is pick a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) and create a lovely new holiday card featuring all three elements in that row. (Please note that you can, of course, use more than one snowman, more than one diecut, etc. etc.)


Sound like fun? We thought so! Here's how we played the game this week:

Stephanie's Card

Stephanie says, "I went with vertical down the left side with a Snowman Die and a Flower adorning her cute little cap.  Dies and Stamps are all Memory Box with one of my woodgrain Gelliarts prints used for the arms ... and of course, I never pass up and opportunity for googly eyes."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I chose the center horizonal row, which gave me: Flowers + Red or Green + Ribbon. I couldn't wait to use my new Simon Hurley Festive Holly Layering Stencil set for the "red or green" portion; I used Simon's Iced Out and Tropical Tango Stellar Inks for the holly leaves and stems, with Prom Queen for the berries. My "flowers" consist of the single white silk poinsettia I had left, stacked with two layers of Tim Holtz's Tattered Poinsettia die, which I cut from deep pink felt and held on with an ancient holly themed brad. For "ribbon" I used two different patterns from an older set of Doodlebug Design holiday ribbons. At the very end I sewed around the perimeter (those ribbons are ON THERE lol!) and added a couple of mulberry paper ivy leaves of unknown origin."

♥♥♥

JB2616: Tree Skirt Tic-Tac-Toe runs until 6pm (Eastern) on the evening of Wednesday, August 12th. Link your totally terrific Tic-Tac-Toe cards right here:

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments:

Post a Comment

we're so pleased you've stopped by...leave a comment so we can return the visit!