The next prompt for you at Jingle Belles is Masculine Merriment. We're asking you to create a holiday card for the men in your life … might be your Dad, Brother, Boyfriend, Husband, Uncle, Co-Worker, Mail Carrier or any other man in your life who deserves a special holiday card.
Here are our masculine creations for this week:
Stephanie says, "I decided holly is the perfect masculine holiday greenery, so I built my card around it using the Wrapped in Ribbons papers from American Crafts by Vicki Boutin. I framed the focal element in black cardstock ... it features several masculine elements including an ink rings, spatters and a graphic holiday tree made of strips. I stamped the Savvy Happy Holidays Block sentiment in black and positioned it over one of the black strips in the tree using foam tape."
Lauren says, "I've had Doodlebug's Winter Wonderland stamps for several years, and I really don't use them enough... and just LOOK how cute that yeti is! I found two inky embossed backgrounds in my "leftovers" box and they seemed perfect for this card. The paper with the trees is Pebbles I think (and ancient!); and the tiny 1/16" Round Brads are from Eyelet Outlet. Historically, I've found the masculine card genre very challenging, but I think I did ok with this one!"
♥♥♥
If you love YETIS as much as we do, here's a fun little prize that one lucky, randomly-selected cardmaker who links up with us this fortnight will score:
♥♥♥
JB2617: Masculine Merriment runs until 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, August 26th, and you can link as many newly-made MASCULINE cards as you'd like to before that time!



No comments:
Post a Comment