Friday, January 28, 2011

bring on the sketch miss ♥AMY♥!

hello, all--it's lauren here! are you ready for CARD FIVE?! this week we have an amazingly lovely guest star for you, so i am even more than usually anxious to get started!

if you're a card-making blogger, then i'm pretty sure ♥AMY TSURUTA♥ needs no introduction: this lady has pretty much single-handedly raised the art of both making cards...and friendly blurfing around to see the cards of others, to a whole new level, hasn't she?! she's been on LOTS of design teams... (currently card patterns, skipping stones, and EAD designs are lucky enough to have her talents) ...not to mention the fact that she has her own fabulous blog and now a second one for her awesome friday flashback challenge, too! stephanie and i have both been lucky enough to count her as a friend for several years now, and so of course we wanted her to be one of the very first people to join us here at JINGLE BELLES! not only was she gracious enough to do so, she brought one of her lovely SKETCHES with her. see?

so you've probably guessed that CARD FIVE is AMY'S LOVELY SKETCH, right?!

here's what we did with it:

amy's card

amy says: Okay, this is truly an easy smeasy sketch...let me tell you my theory on that: I love panels...layers of colors and funky patterns.....BUT for Christmas cards I'm all about clean & crisp {translation=easily mass produced and no extra postage}. For Jingle Bells, I thought we should start with a clean and simple design... and then my fellow cardmakers can load it up or not...



stef says: My card started with some fabulous Webster's Pages paper cut with the Stampin' Up Top Note Die. I added some ink and mounted it on striped holiday cardstock. Next, I stamped the Ledger image from Artistic Outpost's new Ephemeral Backgrounds set on light blue DP and punched out my Christmas tree. I sponged some more & adorned it with a champagne pearl garland. I finished with a sentiment from Artistic Outpost's Snowy Woods.




lauren says: amy's gorgeous sketch and her fabulous style inspired me to attempt a (relatively...for ME, lol!) "clean and simple" design. i started with the fun jukebox graphic (which miss stef found!) and paired it with a santa cut from a holiday catalog; a few "recollections" xmas lights and some puffy alphabet stickers later and i was done!


and now it's time to see what YOU will do for
CARD FIVE: amy's lovely sketch!

make it plain or fancy; go traditional or step out on a limb; keep it minimal or load it up...just make a holiday card and link it below by 6pm on wednesday, february 2, 2011!



remember, this is the last prompt before the big giveaway closes out, and i know you want a shot at the prize!!!


it's a random draw in which you get TWO chances for every card you've made and linked during january and ONE chance for every comment you've left on a january post; we're keeping it open until this challenge ends (6pm on 2-2-11) and will announce the winner in the shout out post on thursday, february 3rd! good luck!

LAUREN

42 comments:

Alli said...

Ooooooh a sketch, a sketch!!!!
Nice!

Just Me said...

Oh I love the cards and the sketch is fab!!

~amy~ said...

Okay..what a lovely intro...thanks so much for the warm welcome!! I'm thrilled to be part of the Jingle Belles' journey this week! Love what Stephanie & Lauren have done with my sketch....soooooo fun!!! Can't wait to see how the sketch inspires everyone!!

Anonymous said...

Clean and simple....I can do that! My every card so far has been simple. This is right up my alley. Now, let's hope I can get it posted in time!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the sketch and the sample cards, what time is it now? should I get into my craft room right now......

June Houck said...

I love that Amy! I agree she is talented and sweet and thoughtful commenter. I am anxious to try her sketch :)

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS cards! (of course, we've come to expect this from you talented ladies, right?) Great sketch, too - thanks, Amy! I may actually be able to play this week - my "overkill" work project wraps up today...

Karin Åkesdotter said...

LOVE this sketch - PERFECT! - and what a fab prize!!! AMAZING! Can't wait to get started!

Leslie Hanna said...

A SKETCH! I can do this! Yee-hah! Can't wait to get home tonight and play!

Rosemary said...

What a fun challenge this will be - I love the cards you each made, they're beautiful and fun and sooooo each of you!

Dawn said...

Woot! A sketch challenge :) Ladies, your samples are GORGEOUS!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Diana Fisher said...

That is a great sketch! I must make time for this!!!!!!!!! :)

myself said...

Amy is awesome (and so is her blog). I also love that she hops around and leaves comment love for others, too! Thanks, Amy!

Amanda Profumo said...

Holy rockin' prize! Sign me up!
Lovin' this sketch and this blog is a fantastic idea! Way to go!

Rose said...

well you sure have the facts right about Amy :) LOVE that girl and her cards are always awesome.

fab sketch and all cards rock it :)

Deb Hickman said...

Oooohhh love sketches !!!!

Deb x

Nikki said...

Your DT's cards are just beautiful
hugs Nikki

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh yay! Some of my favorite peeps doing what I need to do and so now I can just hop along and do it with you!!! I wanted to make a card (or two) a week this year that were Christmas themed so I would be all set by the middle of November! Now, I will check in with you two here and we can do it all together...so much more fun with friends! :) I love all three this week! FUN!

~* steph :) *~ said...

fabulous sketch, amy :)!!! love everyone's cards! just delish! such wonderful takes on amy's sketch.
i had a lot of fun playing along! have a great weekend!
*hugs* steph :)

Tracy said...

oh i love everyone's sample cards for the sketch. the sketch leaves lots of room for interpretation - love that :-)

KatheD said...

wow so many great cards already - good thing it's not a competition ;) Thanks for the great sketch, Amy, and the great inspiration, lauren & stef!

Unknown said...

I've so enjoyed playing along with all your lovely challenges and just hope I can keep up my good work during the coming months. With such inspiration it shouldn't be to hard - should it?

Lisa said...

I'm joining the party a bit late but have caught up with the last four weeks and now am excited to try a sketch. I'm quite new to cardmaking but am hoping to learn a lot from the talented contributors to this great site. I love the idea of a card a week and being caught up by Christmas! Hope to play along every week.

Denise Bryant said...

Love this sketch! Great cards!
DeniseB

Tip Top said...

I really enjoyed this one - simple but complicated!! And I used some very blingy Christmas tree decorations I bought in the sale!

Lorraine said...

Great samples ladies. Looks to be a lot of fun.

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This was really fun and I was able to get two cards done in NO TIME today while the kids played and napped! YAY! Thanks so much for the motivation!

Linda said...

great sketch and easy to reproduce if I want to make multiples for Operation Write Home--thanks so much for easy-peasy ;-)

The DT cards are fabulous!

Didn't even realize a giveaway was involved this month until just now--y'all are so much fun to play with that I already intend to hang around a LOT, LOL (but gifties are fun too )

Colleen Dietrich said...

I love this sketch! What an easy one to do. This should help card making a breeze!

Eveline said...

I just found your blog. I like the idea of making Christmas cards throughout the year. I'll put your blog among my favorites.
Eveline.

Girlsinthecraft said...

Wow, what yummy stash you are giving away. Can't wait to play!

Denise Bryant said...

Such great ideas! Love the cards! And I'm off to have a closer look at the thumbnails! Looks like some treasures there too...
DeniseB

Pajalu said...

I almost forgot to visit this week. Yikes!!! I had better get my skates on if I want to join in the fun :D xoxoxo

Diana Fisher said...

YAY, I did it!! I finally played along! :)

Janet's Joy said...

I just found your blog and think it's a fabulous idea!!!

Alli said...

Oh ladies you've done such wonderful cards!!!
Sooooo inspiring!!!
Can't wait for next week's challenge!!!
So happy that I wasn't scrambling to get mine uploaded on Wednesday this time!
:o)

Beverly G said...

Great sketch Amy, gave me a chance to use some of my new stash.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I hope I have time to play along!

Lora said...

Had to sneak this one in under the wire - I almost forgot about it! Having so much fun with these cards!

Patricia said...

Awww...I just found out about this blog!! I don't have time to come up with a card now but I will be participating in next months!!

Jana said...

It was a wierd feeling this afternoon not scrambling to get my card in. Hmmm. I rather liked it. I'll have to try to get my card for next week done early too. I just finished visiting them and have to say WOW. Everyone made great works of art.

Just Me said...

Oh no I thought this was open until midnight tonight O.o oopsie

anyhoo mine is here
http://creativechaos-jeanne.blogspot.com/2011/02/jingle-belles-rock-challenge-5-sketch.html