Friday, January 21, 2011

Pretty in Pink ... and Green

Hello Jingle Belles ... this is Stephanie bringing you this week's Jingle Belle Challenge #4 (JB04).


This week is our first (of what we hope will be many) color challenge. I fell in love with this wonderful Pink Rose Vintage Chenille Stocking from doodaba's Etsy store, and thought these colors ~ Dark Pink, Light Pink & Lime Green ~ would make a great card-making color challenge.




My card base is Memory Box Gossamer DP embossed with a Snowflake Embossing Folder & then sponged with Pink Lemonade ink to bring out the texture. I added a wrap of my favorite May Arts ribbon and three foam glittery Fa La La holiday trees that I decked out in pink bling. I finished with an SRM Sticker Sentiment because to me, this card just screams ... CHEER!



LAUREN'S CARD

of course i *KNOW* we only needed to use the COLORS, but i just loved everything about of the inspiration photo: the style, the roses, the fabric detailing of that gorgeous stocking, so i went ALL THE WAY! i've got damask stripe tone-on-tone paper for my background, some nestie labels to hold my sentiment, and layers and layers of flowers, holly, snowflakes and other embellies! (full product list and details on my blog)








So break out your pink (yes, my card did used Valentine's Day paper ... remember, just because they're holiday cards, doesn't mean you have to use holiday paper) ... and your green ... and show us your Christmas Cheer!

29 comments:

myself said...

Ha! and that's why you hinted to those being your newest maybe most favorite Christmas color combos... How the heck am I going to come up with that combo AGAIN? lol! It was WAY out of my box for the Something Old Something New challenge, but... I'll bite it. And I'll be back in a couple (minutes, days... who knows?) to post it! Challenge on!

~amy~ said...

Fab cards ladies....awesome color challenge!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Hooray!!!! Pink Pink Pink, how could I miss?

Alli said...

What a fun colour combo!
I'm ON it!

Marianne said...

you two are killing me ! I don't do pink....sigh
You said this week would be easy.

~* steph :) *~ said...

yay, i got to play along this week!!! fabulous cards, stef and lauren :)!!! have a happy friday and weekend! *hugs* steph :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great color combo! Love both your DT examples, too.

Leslie Hanna said...

GAH! Pink! I don't do pink! Grrrrr, this will truly be a challenge.

Rosemary said...

Oh, I'm loving this challenge - how I adore pink of all hues....the inspiration is grand and your inspiration cards are also marvelous. Love the romantic feeling...YAY!

Rose said...

both cards are fantastic!! love the colors :)

Anonymous said...

Pink AND green? I am in heaven! I already know exactly what I am going to do.

KatheD said...

if i hadn't already seen your FAB cards, my only comment would have been "eeewww" - i am another who doesn't "do pink" - but your cards are inspiring and your blog is so much FUN that i will give it a try

Marianne said...

Tap Tap Tap....hello....may I leave another comment?

When I said "I don't do pink" I really should have said
" I DON'T DO PINK ! "
and further more...
< said in false harsh tone >
I don't have any pink here.(on vacaton) and I am NOT going out to buy anything pink. All I have is a pink marker and that's bcause it came in the set.

Now if you'll excuse me I am going to politely bow out of this weeks challenge. Thankyouverymuch.
love you all
Marianne

June Houck said...

Steph, your color choices are brilliant!!!

Lora said...

Thanks for another great challenge - again making me step outside of my comfort zone but I am really enjoying it. I've made more cards in the last 3 weeks than I've made in the last 3 years! This challenge also has got me going on cards for birthdays, valentine's, etc. Thanks again!

Denise Bryant said...

Great cards! I love your use of the Valentine's paper on it.... I have such a collection of papers and I need to use some of them! Will look at them differently now and try to be more adventurous!
DeniseB

Just Me said...

I love the samples!! I am not a huge fan of pink?lime green for Christmas, but I do LOVEEEEE pink and Lime green :)

Marianne said...

I know...I know...
but it's a challenge...right?
So I did...
I made a card

Lisa - papergrace said...

Everybody's cards are SOOOOO lovely! I was really hoping that I'd still have time to play & post before the time is up since I've been away. meh. Will still post it even if it DOESN'T make the cut-off! HAHAHHA!! So there. ;)

The colors are so fresh, lovely and fun. I am just adoring what everyone is doing with this challenge. Beautiful!

Leslie Hanna said...

GAH! This one almost killed me. ;/

Beverly G said...

Keep these good challenges coming girls, I love to stretch my wings, I think I've got the only non-card so far. That little stocking inspiration is tooo cute.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love to make Christmas cards and the color pink, can it get better?

http://mariasmix.se

KatheD said...

isn't it funny how we LOVE pink (or pink and green) or we HATE it? impatiently waiting the next challenge...

Anonymous said...

This is one of my all-time favorite color combinations, and I still haven't managed to find time for crafting :( Hopefully I'll catch up eventually... Thanks for the inspiration, regardless!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

AWSOME CARDS! What great inspiration! So glad I found you (through Amy T's blog!)
Have to find the follow button right away!!

Dawn said...

These cards are FABULOUS!! I love them both!!

Jana said...

This was a fun color combo for me.

Girlsinthecraft said...

What a fun color combo for a Christmas card---too fun.