Friday, October 14, 2011

A Caroling We Will Go

For me, one of my favorite things about the holidays is Christmas Music. I always love caroling with a group, especially when there are people who can sing the beautiful harmonies (I'm pretty much strictly a strong alto melody gal) ... and Lauren & I both have extensive holiday music playlists that we thoroughly enjoy ... we actually had a discussion about purchasing a separate Shuffle just to hold our holiday tunes.

While we've certainly used a variety of holiday song titles for prompts this year, this week we're going a little broader ... we're asking you to make a card inspired by any holiday song ... it might be one that evokes childhood memories ... or a more modern tune ... just let us know which holiday song you find inspiring.

Here's what we created this week:



Lauren says, "despite the fact that we've been inspired by song titles all year long, when i sat down to make a specifically "music influenced" card, my mind went totally blank! then i did what i always do when i'm stumped: i went foraging through my stash of vintage stuff. within five minutes i had the sheet music and a plan, within another five i had found the gorgeous victorian postcard on t'internet and printed it out. not long after that, i was done. i love it when a plan comes together!" :)



Stef says, "When Lauren and I visited The Ink Pad, we picked-up some fabulous Echo Park Holly Jolly Christmas papers (one of my favorite holiday tunes). Since the FA-LA-LA-LA-LA paper had a variety of holiday lyrics ... I decided to go with a holiday song mix to inspire my card (lyrics on the paper include We Wish You a Merry Christmas, Silent Night, and Deck the Halls). My main image was inspired by Oh Christmas Tree except I used a Hero Arts Friendly Flag stamp & a bit of masking to create my fun & funky holiday forest. Lastly, my sentiment was inspired by Joy to the World. The layout is this week's Freshly Made Sketch."

So, we're giving you permission to break out that holiday playlist a bit early ... and find some holiday tunes to inspire you. Use keyword JB42 for our Jingle Belles Flickr & other galleries. Make sure you link-up your cards by 6pm (EST) next Wednesday, October 19th.




Can't wait to see what you create.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

I really LOVE Christmas music and since I stayed up late and saw this, I'll go to bed and dream of musical cards! Great prompt!! Can't wait to make one!

Lisa said...

Awesome challenge! I too have a very extensive Christmas music playlist so I cant wait to get started on this!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I can't wait for the Christmas music to start playing!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Beautiful cards ladies!!!

Deanne :)

Heidi said...

Beautiful DT cards!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Luciana Kajiura said...

I am from Brazil and we sing a song that talks about the visit from Santa Claus on Christmas.