Friday, October 28, 2011

not a CREATURE was stirring!

When Lauren & I first starting brainstorming ideas for Jingle Belles last year, one of the first prompt ideas that came up in our discussion was creatures ... which pretty much explains a lot about the two of us :)

We have been waiting all year for October ... the month that celebrates creatures, costumes & characters ... to schedule this prompt. Your creature might be an animal ... a mouse ... a bird ... a robot ... elves ... snow-persons ... or yes, even a monstah ... just have fun with it ... you can see we did.




Lauren says, "those of you who knew me before jingle belles will realize i've been waiting all year for an excuse to sneak in one of my (in)famous MONSTA cards!!! i'm not sure how it started, but a couple of years ago i bought a roll of paperchase giftwrap in the (now sadly discontinued) "mini mutant" pattern, and for some reason decided the little aliens would be PERFECT for christmas cards! i stand by that decision, actually: these things absolutely always make me laugh and i've not yet given or shown one to anybody who didn't agree! i've set a number of different monstas in all kinds of holiday situations; i nearly always do the sentiment or joke in dymo labels, and there is often a bit of lovingly torn classic "love elsie" paper in the design as well. this little green guy... who's just looking for a little christmas snack... might be my favorite!" :)


Stef says, "I decided to go with a dual-creature card because my penguin looked like he needed a friend. I combined papers & stickers from Echo Park's Everybody Loves Christmas Collection together with an EAD Designs Stickerz sentiment and a wrap of red sparkle ribbon using October's Sketch for You to Try."


So break out those critters and creatures and show us your fun holiday card design ... we can't wait to see what you create. Link up here by 6pm (EST) next Wednesday, November 2nd. Keyword for galleries & the Jingle Belles Flickr Group is JB44.






12 comments:

~amy~ said...

Superduper fun cards and prompt!!!

Pajalu said...

Love the Monstah card - so very cute & funny ;). The penguin card is just as sweet xoxoxoxo

Leslie Hanna said...

YAY for MONSTAHS! I looooove your monstah cards!

June Houck said...

I love this prompt! Best of 2011 right here :)

Lorraine said...

Thanks for making me smile this morning with your cute and fun cards!

Unknown said...

Heeheehee... this is fabulous! I love the prompt, both darling cards!! :)

Helen said...

Fabulous cards - that alien made me laugh so hard I spat coffee over my laptop! lol
Helen x

La Papera Gialla said...

Lovely card from the DT and the theme is GREAT!

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous DT projects!! Fabulous challenge - always love playing along!!
By the way, I have a weekly candy on my store's blog if any of the team wants to enter!!
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/halloween-sale-today-only.html
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Heidi said...

Beautiful DT work!
Hugs, Heidi:)

cotnob said...

Gorgeous cards, great theme to work with. Thank you.
Pauline
x

Electra said...

I got so carried away admiring other people's cards that I barely got mine in on time. Fun theme, thank you!