Friday, February 10, 2012

All Buttoned-Up

We decided that in the midst of winter (at least where Lauren & I are) was a good time get "All Buttoned-Up" for the holidays.  


We're asking you to incorporate buttons (or brads or eyelets) into your holiday card design. 


Here's what we did to get All Buttoned-Up.



Stef says, "The inspiration for my card was this lovely button tree by Shari Carroll.  I fully intended to back clear buttons with designer paper like she did ... but then managed to somehow *misplace* my entire clear button stash ... so I did what any good creative soul does ... improvise.  I used a package of Fancy Pants buttons that were on my craft table and added blue & champagne pearls to complete my tree.  
Background & sentiment stamps are Hero Arts."



Lauren says, "i found a button card with these three fun purple vintage babies in my crafty stash, and i have NO IDEA where they came from, but they inspired my whole card! i'd cut these purple poinsettias and the fancy musical label shape in december for something else and not used them;  the transparency was one of my many lovely xmas goodies from miss stephanie! this was a very fast--and fun--card to pull together. gotta love *THAT* right?!"  :)


So pull out those buttons, brads & eyelets and show us how you Get Buttoned-Up for the holidays.  


If you're worried about mailing "lumpy"cards, eyelets would be the way to go ... and we know you've got a big stash of them somewhere (at least WE do).  Another option is to do what Lauren & I do ... mail the lumpy cards inside boxes with gifts.


You have until Wednesday, February 22nd  at 6pm (EST) to link up your creation ... keyword for galleries or our flickr group is JB12-04.




14 comments:

Eveline said...

I love buttons.
Eveline.

Lisa said...

Oh my, you ladies are going to make me think with this challenge! I've never been good with incorporating buttons on my cards. You provided great inspiration with your cards though, thats for sure!

Deb Hickman said...

Great challenge,will get my thinking cap on. I love your cards, thanks for the inspiration.xxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful idea again this week. Love both your samples. TFS

Sue

yours truly said...

Lovely creations!

~ Ü ~ hilda

Lorraine said...

I love these cards. How wonderous! I love buttons and tend to hoard them. This will be a great way to break them out and use them! Great inspiration ladies.

Marianne said...

Great prompt and inspiration. I'm already working on my second entry, LOL.

Leslie Hanna said...

How did you know I'm in a button rut these days? I might have to play again!

Raquel said...

My friends told me about this site and I've been wanting to join but the button theme finally motivated me to join your wonderful site. Thank you for this opportunity and what a great idea to avoid the Christmas rush!

Karen K said...

Wonderful examples this week as usual, love the idea of using buttons - they are such cute little things.

k x

Rose said...

AWESOME cards girls!!!

hope just one button counts because that is all i used ;)

Electra said...

This one was challenging. I wonder if that's why this is called a challenge. Lots of wonderful inspiration going on though-thank you!

Anonymous said...

beautiful card! i seem to be having trouble linking, so in case it doesn't show up, it's here.

Lorraine said...

I love that button tree. The colors of both of these cards are awesome. Really makes them special.