Friday, February 3, 2012

another banner day

just a reminder that you still have nearly a whole week to link up your cards for "A BANNER HOLIDAY" and you know we long to see them! so scroll down, check out your fellow belles' sterling work, and link up your own card; or perhaps your own cards... because you might find it hard to stop with just one--we did!  :)


Stef says, "For my second card I wanted to incorporate 
some of the "grungy" elements from our banner ... 
sponging through punchinella, staples, hand-drawn lines, and even
stamping with the bottom of my diet soda can.
I added silver jingle bells, felt snowflakes & a Hero Arts
sentiment with I Believe paper & tag from
My Mind's Eye."


Lauren says, "ok, you might be tempted to call this cheating, because this time i incorporated products from the same digital kit i used on our blog header: anna aspnes' retro holiday art play palette! on the other hand, the reason i bought that kit--and used it on the banner-- because i ♥LOVE♥ it; and the whole point of digi is that you can use it again and again, right?  this time i added the "jingle bells" element to a patterned paper with a gorgeous swirly tree on it, and printed two copies so that i could layer the second tree on foam tape for extra dimension. then i went totally NUTS with real life stencils and stamps similar to the digi ones in the kit, finally i added some rub-ons and red glitter chipboard letters to form my sentiment."

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Wonderful cards again! I really must do some crafting this weekend, LOL.

Lisa said...

Wow, both awesome cards! I'm going to do my best to get a card cranked out soon for the challenge!

Tyggereye said...

So cute!! I kinda want the digi kit Lauren used a little now. Dang..

Lisa said...

I'm not sure which I love more - this week or last! Finally got around to mine and am hoping to find some time tomorrow too - your cards are so cute that I feel I could do better! :-)