Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Hybrid Holiday

We're having so much fun with our lovely guest star, Gina Cunningham, making cards that incorporate digital stamps, papers, and brushes, that we couldn't stop at just one card each! If you haven't played yet, won't you join us? If you have played already, won't you join us AGAIN?! ♥

Here's what we made this week:

Gina says, "This card was made with an old Cosmo Cricket digital kit that I got last year from jessicasprague. They no longer have cosmo cricket on her site. I miss that! I love CC brand. Its really a bummer about that. I made the base of this card with all images from that brand and layered them. The tree pp is from a small My Mind's Eye Christmas paper pad. At the very bottom is a small strip of double sided tape that i used micro hot pink beads on to give the card some texture and I added some little dots of stickles in a plain glitter white color. Its a fun flat card that has a punch. "

Stephanie says, "In my search through all of my digital elements, I discovered some pretty focal images from Webster's Pages including this lovely Christmas Tree, which I printed on white cardstock, die cut, and then *decorated* with lots of silver glitter pen.  Of course, after doing that, I  discovered that I had long since given away the remainder of the holiday papers from this collection, so I searched through my stash until I found some coordinating solids and patterns using this week's Sunday Stamps Sketch and a sticker sentiment for this hybrid design."



Lauren says, "Whether I am working with "real" or digital supplies, my favorite format is collage. I already liked layering lots of different patterns and brushes together when I first started using Photoshop Elements, but after I learned how to use blending modes, it was TRUE LOVE, lol! This piece has 7 or 8 different elements digitally placed on top of each other, at various opacities. It was printed in two layers: the main collage (built atop an anna aspnes embellished map) on photo paper and the "JOY" on an inkjet transparency; before being sewn together and finished off with glitter stickers and brads to add texture. full image credits and a little bit about the layering process on my personal blog."

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Simply fabulous, ladies. Wondering what you would come up with next if you ran this prompt for yet another week, LOL.

Lisa said...

Your cards were so inspiration this prompt that I couldn't not join in! This is always one of my fave challenges - love all the digi stuff that's out there for us to use! thanks for all your motivation!