Friday, July 18, 2014

Taking a Header

To celebrate the conclusion of The World Cup, we'll be Taking a Header this week.

No we won't be hitting soccer balls with our heads (thank goodness for me) ... instead, at the suggestion of our Lovely Guest Star Marie Bingaman, we'll be making cards inspired by the Jingle Belles Blog Header (which Stephanie points out was designed by the very talented Lauren; digital image credits are in this post).

You can find your inspiration in the colors, layout, elements or just the overall vibe of our design.


Here's how we were inspired:

Marie says, "I’ve been inspired by the Jingle Belles header for a good while now-- (like since it first changed at the beginning of the year!) --and I can’t believe my good fortune that no one else suggested using it as inspiration! Smile Gray and purple is also a pretty combo I’ve been wanting to put together for a long time. I guess I achieved both of those goals then!"

Lauren says, "Ok, admittedly, I had a bit of an advantage this time, since I designed the header using digital versions of all the things I love in my real life stash. So for my card it was easy to combine my favorite poinsettia die, some glittery alphas, a bit of lace, a little grunge and a whole lot of layers! My favorite thing about this card is that 90% of the things I used are not especially Christmassy, but when you put them all together, they still work!"


Stephanie says, "When I see Purple & Christmas together, I think of Cosmo Cricket's Mitten Weather Collection.  I pulled out some scraps using this week's Sketchbook Saturday Layout.  I used a vintage stamp for my sentiment, which turned out to be mounted a bit crooked on the wooden block, so I added a golden snowflake to help off-set the sentiment wonkiness (I call it an embellishment opportunity)."

We can't wait to see what you create. Remember you have until Wednesday, July 30th at 6pm EST to upload your designs.

3 comments:

Marie Bingaman said...

Hello ladies! I'm so happy to be your humble guest this week here on the blog! As I suspected, your cards are beautiful! :) I can't wait to see how everyone interprets this challenge!

Kathyk said...

Thanks for visiting my blog (MarieB) and for suggesting I link one of my makes to your current challenge - I've done exactly that - thanks peeps

Kathyk

Lorraine said...

First of all the header is beautiful and I've been admiring it for sometime. This was a great challenge and I love the inspirational cards that you all came up with.