Friday, July 25, 2014

Visions of Sugar Plums

We're still making cards inspired by our own ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ blog header, and some of us can't help but feel the Sugar Plum Fairy is helping out a bit, too! :)

Here's what we made this week:
Stephanie says, "This week I wanted to capture the lovely white-on-kraft elements in the banner.  I stamped a Holly Flourish on a scrap of krafty designer paper using white pigment ink ... and because I wasn't patient enough for the ink to completely heat set, I used a cloth to wipe the excess ink, which produced such a wonderful soft effect on the background.  I added some holiday sentiments and lots of bling using a layout from Wanna Sketch?"



Lauren says, "Is it just me, or does it almost feel like "cheating" when you find a sketch so fabulous the card practically makes itself? The current sketch (#103) at Cardabilities is most definitely one of those and I've used it pretty faithfully, since that matted label shape was the perfect home for a Tim Holtz diecut reindeerStephanie and I found the gorgeous uber-thin wood veneer at Kate's Paperie in New York City, and my supply is dwindling. I'm pretty sure that means a road trip is called for... who's in?!"

Scroll down to the original post to check out the readers' gallery and link up your own card!

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Gorgeous cards ladies!

Lisa Lara said...

Such beautiful creations.

Marie Bingaman said...

WOW, what beauties! Great job this week, ladies! :)