Friday, September 25, 2015

The Hanukkah Song

This week's prompt is to make a card for your friends or family who don't necessarily celebrate Christmas. 

This could take the form of one of the other winter holidays (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year or Winter Solstice to name a few); or you could go totally non-denominational with a general winter-themed design.

Here's what we created:



Stephanie says, "I loved creating peaceful snow-themed designs ... this one layers on the details of a doily with the softness of felt and the texture of embossed paper.  I decided to omit the sentiment, so I could have it available for one of those unexpected card needs in December.  Sketch is from Cardabilities."


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I'm pretty hooked on stencils right now, and when I was flipping through my (embarrassingly large) collection, I realized that while I don't have a menorah, I *do* have a stencil with skinny stripes... that could turn into candles; and one with raindrops... that could turn into flames! I added silver glitter Thickers, a few silver stars and some machine stitching, and called it a day!"


Now it's your turn to embrace your favorite non-Christmas winter holiday, make a card, and link it up before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 7th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:20.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay for adding another holiday card to my pile. Love your cards!

Anonymous said...

such beautiful cards!