Friday, February 19, 2016

Oh Christmas Words

We're still having fun with TEXT this week at Jingle Belles ... that means creating cards using letter stickers, large sentiment stamps, text or book paper ... just make sure text is the prominent element in your design.

Here's what we made this week.


Stephanie says, "I went searching for a texty stamp to feature this week and settled on Memory Box Believe Poinsettia Collage.  I tried painting & coloring the flower, but in the end, I decided to let it blend into the texty background with a monochromatic design."


Lauren says, "I love handlettering. At the moment, I'm especially fond of brush lettering, and I've been practicing at creating my own sentiments. There is *definitely* a learning curve on this, but I do love trying new things and I'm pretty pleased with my rendition of "Merry and Bright" done using Color Burst pigments and a water brush. I've paired it with some ancienty texty patterned paper from KI Memories, a few hand-painted holly leaves and some scrumptious Eyelet Outlet Jewels standing in as particularly upmarket berries."

2 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love both your cards, I'm so exciting to be playing along with challenge, I have a nice little stash so far.

Shelley said...

Both incredible cards! Love the monochromatic of Stef's card. Lauren, am I understanding this correctly, you created the Merry and Bright sentiment? That is whoa....amazing! I am beginning to think about starting my Christmas cards for the year...maybe I'll join in...but I'll definitely b
be watching!