Friday, June 3, 2016

Frosty the Snowman

Our next prompt at Jingle Belles is "Frosty the Snowman" ... we're making cards that feature snowmen ... or perhaps a pre-snowman (aka snowflakes or snowfall).

Here's the snowy fun we had this week:


Stephanie says, "I used the Less is More Sketch with a fun little snowman gift tag (that is the one after-Christmas-sale item that I'm always on the hunt for because they are usually super-cheap and make such quick & easy cards).  Since he was decorated with glitter & a few gems, I added some glittery enamel dots for accent and finished with a Tim Holtz sticker sentiment."


Lauren says, "I've been in a serious drawing and painting phase, so I decided to doodle some snowflakes and go from there; I thought the center panel would be kind of equivalent to patterned paper and then I'd add chipboard snowflakes or silk flowers --or both-- on top; as it turned out I got a bit carried away embellishing the flakes with gorgeous eyelet outlet bling, glitter and metallic pen, so in the end I just added a little ribbon, a silver mat and a patterned paper card base."

And now it's your turn to pull out your coolest (ok, sorry, lol) papers and embellishments, then link up your snow-centric masterpieces here by 6pm EST on Wednesday, June 18th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:16:12.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay for a cool theme. The weather has been rather hot these past few days, so focusing on snowflakes and snowmen may just be the distraction I need. Love Steph's crisp layout with the fun snowman tag and Lauren's perfectly doodled snowflakes. BTW, there's nothing wrong with adding a little sparkle and bling for the holidays LOL.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great cards , all this snow is cooling me down in my hot craft room . jane x