Friday, February 24, 2017

Do you SEE what I SEE

We're still celebrating all things CLEAR at Jingle Belles this week.

Here is our second round of creations:

Lauren's Other Card
Lauren says, "One of my favorite tricks for adding custom elements to cards is to print an oversized sentiment on a transparency sheet made for inkjet printers. Sometimes I'll add digital brushes or other elements, to incorporate the sentiment in a frame or collage; sometimes I just print the words on their own. This card is an example of the latter technique: "Joy to the World" is rendered in a font called 'Porcelain' (which was free from dafont.com) and then layered over a pretty scrap of paper and loaded up with florals, festive greens and some pretty Eyelet Outlet pearl embellies. I've used the sketch half of the current Fusion Card Challenge challenge to guide my layout."

Stephanie's Other Card

Stephanie says, "I love the look and texture of embossed acetate.  With this all-over snowflake pattern, it almost made the acetate seem sparkly, so I made it sparkly by mounting on a teal glitter card base.  Another trick with the all-over snowflakes is that it makes it very each to hide tiny glue dots in the centers of the snowflakes to adhere the two layers together.  Doesn't that penguin look like he's having a fabulous time in all that snow?"


No comments: