Friday, February 17, 2017

It Came Upon a Midnight... CLEAR

It Came Upon a Midnight CLEAR - that means we're using at least one see-through element on our cards.  

It might be glass, a transparency, some vellum, acetate or "ghost" shapes, clear stickers, Lucite buttons, shrink plastic... whatever you like... if you can see through it (& figure out how to attach it!) put it on there and link it up!


Stephanie says, "I started with this *WONDERFUL* acetate sentiment from Amy Tangerine and turned it into a holiday card using Essentials by Ellen Basic Alpha Stamps.  I employed two clever ways to attach my acetate to the paper ... Eyelet Outlet Santa & Friends Washi Tape on the top & bottom and two Poinsettia Brads on the side (therefore no tape or glue dots to show).


Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "I LOVE making cards on a transparency base! That is, I love it right up to the time I have to photograph them... and then I stop loving it, a bit abruptly, lol. But hopefully you can still see what I've done here? I used one of my few precious Hambly holiday transparency sheets. (Thank you, dear Stephanie, for having found those after Hambly went out of business!) I've also followed the current Sketch Saturday layout and had a fun time deciding which elements of the sketch should be placed on the outside of the card (the snowflake/poinsettia stack, plus the Bling Swirl and Glitter Winter Washi from Eyelet Outlet) and which on the inside (a cardstock mat from Kaisercrafts's Silver Bells line)."


So now it's your turn to break out those CLEAR elements and create.  Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 1st. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:17:04.


3 comments:

Emily Shroom said...

Another fun challenge theme and gorgeous pair of cards from you both, and I'm with Lauren on acetate being evil to photograph but worth the effort!

Sybrina K said...

Well, you've done it again! How do you ever come up with such clever challenges (and challenge titles)? :)

Lorraine said...

Great inspiration ladies! Your cards are wonderfully done.