Friday, April 28, 2017

My True Love Gave to Me

"On the Twelfth Day of Christmas, my TRUE LOVE gave to me..." is actually the complete title of this fortnight's theme ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ so hang on for a second while we explain it, because there are some cool twists this time. First, let us tell you that the title and idea come from our lovely friend, Lela Meinke (some of you may know her as "Serenity Stamper" on SCS) who always comes up with great ideas! Now let's consider the brief. This fortnight we'd like you to choose any of the following options:

Create a holiday card for your *TRUE LOVE* 
or for any extra-special person in your life 
OR...
Create a holiday card with HEARTS on it 
OR... 
Create a holiday card that references any aspect of
"The 12 Days of Xmas" that appeals to you

Here's a reminder of that dozen rather distinctive gifts!

 On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love sent to me: 
Twelve Drummers Drumming 
Eleven Pipers Piping 
Ten Lords a Leaping 
Nine Ladies Dancing 
Eight Maids a Milking 
Seven Swans a Swimming 
Six Geese a Laying 
Five Golden Rings 
Four Calling Birds 
Three French Hens 
Two Turtle Doves 
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
♥♥♥

Plenty of inspiration there for all of us, right?! Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "When I explained this week's Jingle Belles theme to my husband, he suggested that if I was making a card for him, the Bob & Doug McKenzie version of the Twelve Days of Christmas would be more appropriate for him ... so that is what inspired my card.  Because on the 2nd day of Christmas my true love gave to me ... Two Turtlenecks (and a Beer in a Tree).  Stamps & sentiment are from Essentials by Ellen 'Tis the Season  with MFT Die-Namics Rectangle Peek-a-Boo Window."

Lauren says, "I'd planned to stick with option #2 (hearts!) when, during the recycling challenge, in my box of saved holiday cards, I stumbled upon one that actually had all twelve of the (alas, original and not McKenzie, lol!) items in question. You can't fight serendipity like that, can you?? Since the panel was fairly large and already a bit busy, I only needed a sentiment, a couple of mats and a few Eyelet Outlet Heart Brads to complete the design. I used the current Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge."

And now it's time for you to decide which option you will choose... or maybe... you'll combine more than one?! Link up here by Wednesday, May 10th. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:17:09.

3 comments:

Emily Shroom said...

Two delightful cards from you both as always and what fun inspiration from the song, just had to play along!

Tammy said...

Two beautiful cards DT!

Lorraine said...

I really love your samples ladies!