Friday, June 9, 2017

All Bundled-Up

We're All Bundled-Up at Jingle Belles this week ... which means, we're making cards with lots of layers (make sure you have at least three).  So pull out your favorite papers (solids, stripes, patterns ... whatever you love) and layer them up.



Stephanie says, "I find one of the easiest ways to make lots of layers work is to use papers from the same collection ... in this case, My Mind's Eye Christmas on Market Street (with a bit of minty vintage Basic Grey thrown in for good measure).  The metallic vellum is a great way to add another layer, but still let the pretty patterns shine through ... six layers for me this week using this week's Sketch Saturday Layout (click through to my blog to see three additional layered creations."



Lauren says, "A familiar look from me --torn layers of paper-- but, this time instead of vintage, I've got ordinary store-bought patterned papers, in neutral tones, so that the colors of my (scanned and slightly scaled down) vintage postcard would really pop. I used the current --and alas, final-- Mojo Monday sketch, though in the end, despite test-driving a number of pretty ingredients for the role of the cool vertical strips, my card wound up feeling finished without them. Meanwhile I'm sure you join me in sending a heartfelt, "farewell and thank you" to Julee Tilman for her 500 amazing sketches over the course of nearly ten years!"


So get out your papers and layer-up with us this week. Link-up by Wednesday, June 21st at 6pm (EST). Keyword for galleries for our Flickr Gallery is JB:17:12

5 comments:

Sybrina K said...

Another fun challenge... another Christmas card ready to go!

Emily Shroom said...

Love the focal images on both cards and the very different looks you both created using lots of patterned paper layers. Thanks for another fun challenge!

Tammy said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the papers on both!
Tammy x

Sue Crease said...

Wonderful cards girls.
Sue

Donna Ellis said...

what a cute title for this challenge! thank you for the inspiration!