Friday, June 23, 2017

STARS and/or STRIPES

It's time for a brand new theme, and since this fortnight encompasses July 4th, we thought we'd give a nod to the holiday and ask to see cards which feature stars, or stripes, or both! Here's what we made this week:


Stephanie says, "I love these bold green stripes with the texty journaling card.  I added a wrap of regal red ribbon using this week's Sketch Saturday Layout.  I finished with white matte enamel dots & a Santa Hat Brad from Eyelet Outlet."


Lauren says, "I was tempted to go all out "4th of july meets xmas"... (and i still might do that, next week!) ...but what changed my mind was this amazingly lovely new Eyelet Outlet Star Washi that I've been dying to use on a card! Since the watercolory stars on the tape are gorgeous shades of blue and purple, that helped me narrow down my paper choices. I chose two that are not especially Christmassy, but I love how they look together and this is the PERFECT card for my friend Kate, who celebrates the Solstice each December."

Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 5th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:17:13. 

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Great theme and lovely samples!

Emily Shroom said...

Love the traditional look to Stephanie's card, reminds me of candy canes and mint lollies. Gorgeous colours to Lauren's card, the flower is so pretty. Loving the contrast between the traditional and the non-traditional colours! Thanks for another fun challenge (c:

Marianne said...

Wonderful makes, ladies. Loving both the bold, fun and tradional look of Stephanie's card and the softness and prettiness of Lauren's card.

Anonymous said...

fabulous cards! i've missed playing along!

Sybrina K said...

What a perfect challenge over the holiday weekend! Found some pretty striped vellum -- and added a tiny star, for good measure -- to play along. Happy 4th to you both. :)

Lorraine said...

Your cards for both weeks are stellar ladies! Great idea this prompt.