Friday, October 13, 2017

♥ Pink Christmas... for the Cure! ♥

If you've played along with us in other years, you may already know we always devote the first ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ theme of each October to making pink holiday cards as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and that for each card that gets linked up, we each donate two dollars to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. There are really no rules for this challenge other than the fact that each card has to be newly made, it has to have a winter holiday theme and it has to feature PINK prominently. Does your whole card have to be pink? Certainly not. Can you combine other colors with the pink? Of course! Should you have more pink than say two or three baubles on your green tree set against a snowy white background? Well, yeah... that'd be good. :) But other than that, we'll leave it to you to decide how much pink, what shade, and how to employ it!


We're not generally huge on self-promotion around here, but this cause is near and dear to our hearts and we'd love to get GREAT participation, so be sure to tell all your cardmaking friends, and feel free to share the graphic and our link on your blog or social media.

But now let's get right to the cardmaking! Here's what we've made this week:


Stephanie says,"I started with this fun Christmas Kitty Stamp from Technique Junkies and colored his hat & nose with a combination of pink markers.  The sentiment stamp is a favorite from CatsLife Press (which seemed appropriate).  The reminder of the card was made using paper scraps from my stash, including the vertical border that was recycled from a mother's day card."


Lauren says, "I've gone with a bunch of shades of pink, from cerise to salmon to the soft pastel shade my sister calls, "sky blue pink", but I've added in white and cream in lots of lovely torn layers. The flowery chipboard letters are definitely "older stash" but I still really like them and I was pretty psyched that I had enough to make a seasonal sentiment! The rest of the card is older bits of paper, including some of my favorite Basic Grey grungy solids, a bit of washi, a bit of doily and a little machine stitching. In other words: all my favorite things in honor of my favorite challenge!"

You can link up as many ♥PINK♥ holiday cards as you'd like, and yes, you can put pics of more than one design into the same blog post... we will be sure to count the multiples! Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, October 25th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:17:21. ♥


4 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

I'm excited about the "Pink Christmas" prompt again this year, it's my fav. but thanks for the reminder of the donation you ladies do for breast cancer so with that said......off to make pink Christmas cards.

Sybrina K said...

So glad you are celebrating pink cards again this year. BTW Those embossed snowflakes on my card are a light pink. I promise!

Darnell said...

Thank you for another thoughtful pink challenge to raise awareness! I love your cards! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine said...

I love this challenge. Thank you for the inspiration and the donation. You guys are the best!