Friday, February 23, 2018

Have Yourself a Merry LITTLE Christmas

This week at Jingle Belles we're going LITTLE ... that means creating cards that feature INCHIES (1") or TWINCHIES (2").

Traditionally, we think of inchies or twinchies as squares, but you can use other shapes, like circles; or perhaps even snowflakes or small embellishments.  You might contain your entire image within the *Inch* ... or perhaps break a single holiday image into smaller shapes ... just get creative and go LITTLE. Need more inspiration? There are soooooo many great ideas on Pinterest!

Here are our LITTLE creations for the week:



Stephanie says, "I found a sheet of these black & white inchie circles hiding in my stash ... I think they were intended to go into bottle caps, but they also work perfectly as the focal image for my card.  I punched the circles and then edged them with a black Sharpie to give a solid border.  The background is text printed on Yupo paper that we used for as a transfer for Gel Press printing in one of my classes at Creativation.  I recycled the texty print by covering it with splashes of alcohol ink."

Lauren says, "I went with twinchies and I basically cheated. I mention this, because if you have any of the fab papers out there with two-inch mini journaling cards on them, you can, too! This particular sheet is from American Crafts, but I also have one by Simple Stories and I know there are others! In this case, the colors and motifs went really well with a bunch of different Eyelet Outlet holiday brads, so I've worked in a Poinsettia, a Candy Cane and a sweet Cardinal. I've used this week's awesome Sketch Saturday for my layout."

So break out those tiny stamps, stickers, and embellishments and show us all of the *little* ways you can get creative with your holiday designs.  Link-up your card by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 7th.  The keyword for galleries and our Flickr Gallery is JB:18:05.   

2 comments:

Sybrina K said...

You two always come up with the best challenges! Happy to get to play along. :)

June Houck said...

You both made great use of your patterned papers for your Inchies/twinchies! I thought I might do that too, but then thought I might go with hexagons, but Mimi beat me to it, so I went with MFT Blueprints Inchie quilted squares :)