Friday, February 16, 2018

We Bring You Season's Colorings

We're still breakout out all sorts of coloring mediums at Jingle Belles this week ... so many possibilities.

Here's what we created for our second round of holiday cards.



Marianne says, "This week I decided to get inky. I started by creating a few panels using ink smooshing, both on plain white Neenah and watercolour cardstock. My Neenah panel looked a hot mess, but after some additional ink blending, embossing with a new to me embossing folder and blending some Pentart vanilla stencil paste over the raised embossed pattern (and, unintentionally, the rest of the panel as well), my panel had quite unexpectedly been transformed into something soft and pretty AND shimmery. A die cut sentiment and a heat embossed sentiment strip were all the embellishments it needed."


Lauren says, "Stamping and coloring is not my forte, but... these Lawn Fawn reindeer and Pretty Pink Posh trees are kind of irresistible, aren't they? Luckily, both companies have blogs with lots of examples of GREAT coloring with shading, etc, which really helped me get it right! Once I had all the stamped elements done, all I had to do was build a wintery background using Penny Black dies and various white patterned papers!"


Stephanie says, "Sometimes all you need is a little coloring to bring an image to life ... like the colored pencil highlights I've added to my Technique Junkies Christmas Kitty ... green for the eyes, pink for the nose & red for the Santa hat.  I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps."


Remember, Link your gorgeous "COLORING" masterpieces right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 21st. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:04. 

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Always enjoy the inspiration!
Lauren I really love the different paper used on the snow hills! Lauren, the Tecnique Junkies Kitten and sentiment are a hoot, and Marianne, love your pretty shimmery background!

Vicki said...

Oops; sorry Stephanie....your Technique Junkies kitten....

Marianne said...

So happy you did some stamping and colouring, Lauren, and I love the pretty scene you've created for your critters. Stephanie's card is proof that indeed that a little colouring can add something extra to a simple image. Wonder what mischief s/he's been up to...