Friday, April 13, 2018

An ORANGE in your Stocking

Did you get fruit in your stocking when you were a kid?  We always got a bit navel orange and an apple (and a glass bottle of Coca Cola, which pretty much filled the stocking).

Today we're still creating cards inspired by this lovely holiday scene.


Here are our inspired designs:


Lauren says, "I mentioned last week, for anyone who's not a fan of the bright orange-- or perhaps just doesn't have much in the way of orange supplies-- there are a couple of ways to go: you can ignore the colors completely, and focus on selected elements like the tree, the fireplace, the presents, etc; OR you can just tone them waaaaaaaaaaay down. My card this week is probably closer, proportionally, to how much bright color is in that room compared with how much white + neutral there is. Once again, there are no "holiday" supplies, except for that awesome Memory Box die, "Marvelous Pine". I've got a bunch of different whites-- including a white-ish woodgrain and some white glitter paper for a bit of sparkle. My pops of vivid color come from washi tape, and I've put the entire panel onto a much softer orange background."


Stephanie says, "I did a riff on Lauren's Washi Tape card for last week's post.  I loved combining all of my orange and green patterns for a fun striped background.  For the big bold white element, I stamped a sentiment from STAMPlorations Miracle of Christmas and finished with a sprinkling of sequins."

Scroll down to the original post to see the readers' gallery, check out the complete challenge details, and link up your own masterpiece!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

I always love how you two come up with different ideas using the same prompt, and these cards are no exception. So fun to see that Stephanie went all out with her bold colours, while Lauren used a really soft palette.

Lorraine said...

I really loved this inspiration photo. Where do you get these ideas? Your samples from last week and these are all beautiful, different, and inspiring themselves.