Friday, April 20, 2018

Peace on EARTH (Day)

It's one of our favorite prompts of the year at Jingle Belles ... when we celebrate EARTH Day (Sunday April 22nd officially) by creating cards using recycled elements.


Maybe you saved your holiday cards from last year planning to up-cycle the images ... or you've saved packaging that you thought would be cool to use ... you know we've all got a stash like that.  Well now is the time to break out your saved stuff and use it.

Here's what we created with our recycled elements.


Stephanie says, "I've saved that cool grid paper (which was the packaging for some Studio Calico journaling cards) in my stash for quite a few years ... and I think it makes a super-cool background for this modern holiday design.  The inspiration and sketch are from Fusion Card Challenges and all the cardstock were scraps I had on my studio table (so that was recycling too).  I did my favorite gem flourish surgery to decorate my tree with clear bling and finished with a coordinating sticker sentiment."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "The center panel of this card is an amazingly pretty cardfront from one of the holiday greetings I was sent this year. I confess that using it felt a bit like cheating, but you know... in a GOOD way, lol! Because let's face it, that thing was already so pretty, it didn't need much, did it? It was flat, though, so I added texture in the form of fabric poinsettias in the middle of the printed one (attached with a jingle bell brad); I adorned some of the printed holly berries with sparkly red Eyelet Outlet gems. Then I matted the trimmed-down panel onto a piece of gold glitter paper, and then onto a mat cut from a piece of pretty, slightly glossy, cream-colored Making Memories packaging. Et voila!"

Now it's your turn to pull out your own box of things "too pretty to throw away"; OR raid your recycling bin or waste paper basket for fun bits of packaging and paper! Be as creative as you like, and HAVE FUN! Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, May 2nd. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:18:09.


3 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Ooh Girls this is a good one. Hope to join in. x

Lorraine said...

One of my favorite challenges and you ladies never disappoint! Wonderful samples - both weeks!

Marianne said...

So glad I made it!