Friday, November 2, 2018

Mele Kalikimaka

Since Mele Kalikimaka is a tropical Hawaiian holiday greeting, we're making cards featuring flowers … which could be a tropical hibiscus … or a traditional poinsettia … or anything in between. Maybe even both? (But probably only if your name is Lauren, lol!)

Here's how we're blooming this week:




Stephanie says, "I loved the various floral designs in an unopened package of Pebbles Cardstock Shapes sitting on my *Christmas* shelf ... they were perfect to feature with some coordinating Basic Grey Papers in the Mojo Monday Sketch (yay! Julee has brought her sketches back)."



Lauren says, "I couldn't resist going a bit tropical, of course, but actually Heartfelt Creations' system for making awesome dimensional flowers-- in this case poinsettias-- was my number one inspiration. I used the coordinating stamps and dies on their very cool foam paper, added some color and ultra-fine glitter,  then used my heat tool to make the petals curl into realistic looking blossoms. once I had loads of lovely poinsettias, of course i added some hibiscus, plumeria, palm fronds a flamingo and faux polaroids. Ok yeah... I might've gotten a teeeeeeny bit carried away!"

And now it's your turn to get festive with flowers! Remember you don't need to incorporate anything tropical or Hawaiian! Any type of flowers, in any style of design, will do. Link up here before 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 14th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:18:23.

No comments: