Friday, February 15, 2019

All That Glitters...

ALL THAT GLITTERS ...is gold. or sometimes silver. with the outside possibility of copper, bronze or rose gold! on the other hand, sometimes all that glitters is GLITTER! which is my very roundabout way of telling you that this fortnight at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we're all about metallics and/or glitter!

This could be in the form of metal embellies, metallic or tinsel embossing paste or powder, glitter paper, glitter tape, glitter glue, or even metallic paper ... basically, if it's shiny or sparkly, you're good to go!

Here's how we got our shine on this week:


Lauren says, "I've mentioned before how much I love Idea-Ology's Metallic Kraft-Stock paper. I've used silver this time, backed with a little scrap of plain white cardstock, not because the metallic cardstock isn't strong enough, but because I knew I was going to pressure-emboss in the next step and that reindeer has teeny little legs. I framed up the elegant results with a couple of label shapes and added it to a card with torn layers of paper and a little bit of lace, to make a sort of abstract version of a snowy day!" 


Stephanie says, "I went with primarily glittery metals on my card this week with glittery paper and glittery snow on my jar-shaped gift tag, which is tied with a golden cord.  Sentiment is from My Favorite Things Sassy Pants Holiday and sketch is from Fusion Card Challenge (the theme is tea and bouquets ... I'm going with booze and berries instead).

Link your metal masterpieces here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 27th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:19:04.


4 comments:

Marianne said...

Love how you always leave hints for the upcoming challenge. You had me thinking about glitter before the new post was up. I'm thinking stencils, embossing paste and glitter ... but of course we'll have to wait and see how things go. Love your pretty creations, although I cannot help feeling a bit sorry for the sweet deer that's locked up in a jar LOL.

Chriss America Real said...

Hi,

I am a new follower, follow me back if you like!

Hugs,
Chriss
Scappin' With Chriss and Lou
https://chrissandlou.blogspot.com/

Rose said...

well thank goodness for glitter paper!! got my card done without having a glitter explosion all over my room LOL
You ladies have made awesome inspiration yet again :)

Darnell said...

Great schparkly cards, ladies! Hugs, Darnell