Friday, February 11, 2022

Stocking Holiday

For the next Jingle Belles prompt we're bringing you a photo from French Knot to inspire your card designs ... you might make a stocking-themed card ... or instead you could focus on the bricks and greenery ... or you might pick the colors and designs from the individual stockings to inspire you.


Here is how our first cards were inspired.



Stephanie says, "I took my inspiration from the whole picture by starting with the fireplace and creating a brick background with anembossing folder and direct-to-paper inking.  The rest of the card's inspiration came from the colors and patterns from the third stocking from the left, which resulted in a very modern feel.  The Diamond Dies are from Simon Says Stamp, and the Snowflake is a Tim Holtz Christmas Cookie Die.  I finished with sentiments from The Ink Blot Shop Mixed Holiday Greetings."




Lauren says, "I especially love the rich brick of the fireplace, paired with the abundant greens, so those are the elements I chose to use in my card. I used Tim Holtz's Holiday Greens and Mini Holiday Greens Thinlits die sets from Sizzix on several different shades and textures of green cardstock to try to achieve the texture and depth of the foliage in the photo. I added all of my diecuts to two mini slimline cards featuring Eyelet Outlet's Wide Brick Washi and added Pine Cone Brads to one and Poinsettias to the other. Ancient sticker sentiments of "Peace" and "Joy" complete the design."

♥♥♥

Link your cards inspired by this lovely photo right here, by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 23rd. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-04.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: