Friday, February 25, 2022

Oh Christmas Stencil, Oh Christmas Stencil

If you haven't already guessed from the post title, we're asking you to create cards with stencils for the current Jingle Belles prompt. If you don't have any stencils, you use one of your craft punches or dies on a scrap of cardstock (like Lauren did, below) or use an electronic cutting machine to create your own custom stencil.  

Here's how we stenciled this week:


Stephanie says, "I used the three partial stencils from Simon Says Stamp Christmas Foliage to create this background (there's a fourth stencil included in the set that is the entire background design).  I added a wrap of coordinating ribbon to my slimline card & die cut sentiments from Simon Says Stamp Coolest Yulest." 



Lauren says, "I made my own super-easy version of a Bokeh "Stencil" by using my four smallest circle punches (pretty far apart) on a scrap of glossy white cardstock, and applying light shades of Distress Oxide inks through the punched circles onto a darker Oxide background; details on my blog. My layered snowflakes were created with Tim Holtz's Stacked Snowflakes die; sentiments are Elizabeth Craft Designs' "Winter Wishes" word set; and the mats are various offcuts of coordinating cardstock. This design was so easy, I made TWO cards from my funky bokeh background!"


Link your stencil-centric cards right here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, March 9th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-05.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: