Friday, May 20, 2022

Masculine Merry Christmas

This fortnight we're making holiday cards for the men in our lives.  

What makes a card masculine?  It could mean lots of different things ... natural textures, neutrals, male imagery ... whatever feels *masculine* to you.

And this week we are thrilled to have a guest designer joining us for this prompt - Beverly from BevsCreativePath.

Here's a little about Bev - "I'm a Southern gal who lives in northwest Alabama. One of my favorite things to do is make cards (and have the stamps, dies and papers in my craft room to prove it...wink). I have been making cards for almost 26 years. After seeing a Stampin' Up ad in a magazine, I became one of their demonstrators for ten years because I thought it looked like fun. It was a way to share my love of stamping plus meet like minded crafters (and it helped support my new "habit. No, not drugs....more stamps.) I have traveled and demonstrated Sizzix product over the United States. Ellison asked me to do this as a result of winning several of their Sizzix contests years ago. Back in the day when craft magazines were popular, I was published many times. I was on The Stamps of Life design team for many years plus Hampton Art. These days I only make cards to mail to family and friends. To help get my creativity going, I enjoy doing cards for various challenge blogs (like Jingle Belles). In addition to card making, I enjoy reading, baking and growing flowers in the summer."


Beverly says, "Nothing says masculine to me like a deer or moose head. I was recently gifted a set of older Erin Lee Creative dies which had a moose head silhouette die. I used it to cut seven from black card stock and adhered them together for depth. I also used a circle die by Spellbinders and the pine bough is by Sizzix. The papers are from a 6x6 package of pretty Christmas patterns by Scrapbook Customs. The sentiment stamp is by Mama Elephant. Four snowflake brads and baker's twine complete my masculine card. I want to thank Jingle Belles for asking me to guest design for the Masculine Christmas card challenge. It was FUN!"


Stephanie says, "Some of the men on my Christmas Card list really love winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, so I thought this card and sentiment would be perfect for them.  I used the Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Stitched Snowflake Backdrop for the background, added a frame from Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Say Cheese and finished with Lawn Fawn Lawn Cuts Stitched Snowflakes in two shades of blue glitter cardstock before finishing with my holiday sentiment."


Lauren says, "I based my card around a postcard-sized pre-printed panel from Penny Black, called Masterpieces Made Simple, which I got at Paper Anthology. I added an Idea-ology sticker sentiment, some Eyelet Outlet Snowflake and Moose Brads, plus a few mats and I was done! Since this card was so fun (and FAST!) to make, I decided to use the other three cards in the set right away. You can see the others on my blog!"

Link your Masculine Masterpiece(s) right here, by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, June 1st. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-11.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: