Friday, August 5, 2022

Navy Nativity

This week we're still celebrating a BLUE Christmas ... making cards that primarily (at least 75%) feature the color blue.

Here's how we added blue to our designs this week:


Lauren says, "I was so inspired by Stephanie's gel print card from last week, that I decided to get out my own stash of prints and see what I could come up with. I used Tim Holtz/Sizzix Mixed Media Christmas Dies to cut the holly leaf cluster out of the center of the panel, outlined and backed it with white; then added a focal point of stacked fabric poinsettias, secured with an ancient blue bejewelled snowflake brad of unknown origins."

Stephanie's Other Card

Stephanie says, "I used three colors of Blue Distress Oxide Ink (Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky and the gorgeous new Uncharted Mariner) together with Pumice Stone for the dots using Taylored Expressions Create-in-Quads Snowflake Stencil (you can see the other three cards on my blog).  After ink blending, I sprayed my page with Avery Elle Clear Shimmer Spray for allover Sparkle.  I added a few small pieces of Mariner Blue gems to finish.   It was an unexpected color combination, but I loved how it turned out (and that my cards are totally mailable).  I think the Taylored Expressions Beautiful Baubles Add-On Sentiment gives it a fun Mid-Century Modern feel."

No comments: