Friday, August 12, 2022

Skinny Santa Slimline

We're so lucky to have awesome friends at Jingle Belles. A few weeks ago, when our pal Lela Meinke came across this new-to-us holiday song, "Hey Skinny Santa" by JD McPherson she emailed us the video and the brilliant idea of using it as inspiration to make SLIMLINE (or Mini Slimline) holiday cards this fortnight! So that's what we're going to do. But first, let's meet our lovely guest star:

Hi! My name is Lela Meinke, and I can’t believe it but I’ve been stamping for 32 years! I’m retired from the corporate world now, and I’m living the job of my dreams as a creative coach and SU! Demonstrator. You can find me at lelameinke.com. I have been a fan of the Jingle Belles challenge for years! I think the idea of creating a card a week to “take back Christmas” is brilliant! I thought of JB again because I was wanting to create a slimline card using this unique Santa Express Suite. I know Lauren and Stephanie always like to tie the challenge back to Christmas songs, so I did a search and found a super-fun Skinny Santa song. I hope you agree that the slimline challenge, and the song, are a fun twist on things. And I can’t wait to see what you come up with. Just like Stephanie and Lauren, I will check ALL of your postings, and I promise to comment and celebrate what is unique about each one. So please do follow along!



Lela says, "The slimline format is perfect for this Santa Express train card. I love fun-folds and I thought, why not take things up a notch. You can find step by step instructions for making this card over on my blog at lelameinke.com/santaexpress."


Stephanie say, "I went with a mini slimline design using the Pinkfresh Studio Mini Slimline Frames dies.  I paired them with the wreath and leaves cut from the Pinkfresh Studio Indigo Vines Washi Tape.  I decorated my wreath with red Pinkfresh Studio Crystals and cut my sentiment from a piece of Pinkfresh Studio Christmas Magic Warm Wishes designer paper."



Lauren says, "I have A LOT of washi tape. So I thought I'd make a dent in my older tape supply by making a slimline card panel out of tape. But then I had to decide whether to go with lots of red tapes, or lots of aqua and green tapes? In these situations, I've often found that making a decision can take longer than just doing both... so I just did both. I mounted the finished panels on coordinating cardstock, found a couple of fun Lawn Fawn tags to augment with Eyelet Outlet Brads (Holly and Cardinals, to be precise) did a tiny bit of machine stitching and called it a day. For the record, I still have A LOT of washi tape left, but it's a start..."

One lucky (randomly selected) cardmaker who links up with us this time will win a fun Slimline-Centric prize pack featuring six colorful slimline card blanks and envelopes, a beautiful snowy slimline cling stamp, holiday rub-ons and some Eyelet Outlet Snowflake Bling!
♥♥♥

Link your slimline holiday card(s) right here, by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, August 24th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB-22-17.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

No comments: