Friday, January 13, 2023

Christmas Bells, Those Christmas Bells

This fortnight we're ringing in the New Year and putting the accent on BELLS, so we'd like to see cards with sleigh bells, church bells, jingle bells or... well, whatever kind of bell you can think of. 

Just in case you have nothing that will work, at the bottom of this post, there are a couple of scanned images from Lauren's collection of vintage goodies that you're welcome to right-click, download and print.

Here's how we Belles were inspired by BELLS this week:


Stephanie's Card

Stephanie says, "I had planned to stamp my Penny Black Ring The Bells stamp on white cardstock and color ... but there was a scrap of blue cardstock on my table, so I thought I would try that first ... and I ended-up loving it, especially the contrast of the red bloom & berries."



Lauren says, "I've used an older Memory Box die (sadly discontinued) that my fellow Jersey Girl Lorraine (of Paper Vernissage) gave me in the first or second year of Jingle Belles, which I still find very useful and beautiful. I cut the bells out twice: once from a scrap of velvetty-textured cardstock in bold cerise and a second time from metallic gold, which I've used as a sort of drop shadow. The sweet deer and most of his coordinating pink papers are from Prima's Candy Cane Lane collection. I was in a shabby chic kind of mood, so I did a bunch of distressing, sanding, inking and stitching; though this A7 card is quite flat and mailable."




Link your bell-centric creations right here by 6pm (Eastern) on Wednesday, January 25th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB2302.

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

1 comment:

Granmargaret said...

Thank you for the challenge and thank you for the free images. Lovely work by the design team.