Friday, February 4, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside!

It's Stephanie here bringing you our Jingle Belles prompt #6 (JB06)

This week we're taking our cue from another Christmas tune (what can I say ... Lauren & I love Christmas songs) ... Baby, It's Cold Outside ... which means, we're prompting you to make cards or tags that include ... scarves, mittens, hats, ear muffs ... or some fuzzy warm felt (or perhaps all of the above if you are so inclined).



my card features two Basic Grey jovial snowmen woolies
in scarves & hats
(which my husband said reminded him of Ren & Stimpy)
frolicking in a landscape awash with fuzzy felt snowflakes.
I used this weeks Mojo Monday Sketch and
a sticker sentiment from SRM Stickers.




lauren says, "i made this cute rudy reindeer by copying and enlarging an image from a piece of giftwrap to use as a pattern, and then basically "paper piecing" with different colors of felt instead of patterned paper (there's a step-by-step explanation of this on my personal blog); then i knitted him a tiny scarf! i also sewed some american crafts jumbo felt rick-rack onto my card, for good measure. only at the very end did i realize i had subconsciously used amy's gorgeous sketch from last week again-- but hey, it's a great sketch so why not?!"





Now it's time to see what kind of festive fun you can have with felt ... or mittens, hats, scarves or ear muffs ... take your choice ... and whatever you do, have fun with it and link your wonderful creations by 6pm EST on Wednesday, February 9th. If you don't have a blog, you can always upload your card to the Jingle Belles Flickr Gallery & link-up from there.


20 comments:

Alli said...

Hmmmmm....
Going to need to put on my creative thinking cap for this one....
;o)

Deb Hickman said...

Oooooh,another fab challenge.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Um...Lauren? You also used the color challenge...! Fun times all around! Both cards are too cute, and this will be a fun challenge - thanks!

Tracy said...

adorable cards and looks like fun! (LOL at the Ren & Stimpy reference - hadnt thought about them for a while - used to watch it with my kids - but R&S weren't cute.... these snowman are cute :-))

Just Me said...

Cute Cute Cute!! OK gonna think on this but I might already know what I want to do :)

June Houck said...

okay, so how can we possibly compete with these two super wow cool cards???? Ren & Stimpy...gotta love LHJ :)

Man, I have no idea what I could do this week...I love BOTH of these cards!!!

Rose said...

another fun challenge :) both cards are super CUTE!!!

myself said...

how fun! I won't be able to "get to work" until after SuperBowl... parties ALL weekend, so I'll check back then. Until then... have a "cool" time, Jingle Belle Babes!

~amy~ said...

fun, fun, fun...off to dig in my holiday stash'ola:)

June Houck said...

Okay, so I entered a card...a little non-traditional (at least for me), but classic CAS June Houck style :)

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet cards! I love the felt!
DeniseB

BettyBee said...

So happy to have found my way to your blog, and will be getting busy on a fuzzy entry! Love both of your cards :) The little deer from the wrapping paper is especially sweet! Looking forward to lots of fun here!
BettyBee

Helen said...

Ooooh...I'm so excited to have found you today! I love Christmas, and make festive cards all year round, so I'm sure I'll be joining in with your challenges! :0)
I'm on the ABC Christmas Challenge DT, and wanted to let you know that we've added a link to your fabby challenge blog, on our list of Christmas Challenges.
Helen x

Linda said...

thanks for an "easy" challenge this week, since it WAS cold out here in Texas last week (and more snow expected Wednesday LOL)...loved the felt ideas, but couldn't get to the store to buy any, so hope you accept the dressed snowmen ;-)

Beverly G said...

Love your cards Steph and Lauren and we've already got some stiff competition this week. Looking good girls.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girls!! Great to meet you! Helen found your Challenge! YAY!!! I love Christmas too! and love Christmas crafting through the year too! We have so much fun Co owning/ running the ABC Christmas Challenge... Helen has added you to our Christmas Challenge bar and I think we will be spending a lot of time here! hhehehee

LOVE your Dt cards they are all so cute and different! great inspiration girls

hugs Samantha :0)

Dorte said...

Helen and Samantha gave me the link to your challenge blog, and I love it.
Linked my card, my small animals doesn't have cloth on but a thick fur, because "Baby it's cold outside"
hugs Dorte

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Had fun and the time to make a card this week. And it IS cold out there. Woke to -20° this morning! Thanks for the inspiration to create holiday cards.

JLP said...

This was a really fun prompt and it got me to FINALLY use my flocking! Thanks!

Allison Rankin said...

Ugh! I just missed it! Silly me!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2011/02/jingle-belles-card.html

Thanks for the prompt! And I love that snowman card...awesome!