Friday, July 29, 2011

blue christmas

this week our lovely guest star ♥June Houck♥ is channeling elvis' "BLUE CHRISTMAS" ... so we're asking you to create your cards this week using blue as your main color.

in addition to being an avid card-maker, the awesome miss june (a loyal belle and previous guest star in her role as design team member for betty bee's buzz, when we had our die cutting crossover in april!), is a SAHM to two beautiful fraternal twin girls and a
20-year-old furry daughter (some might say "cat") called skeeziks! june loves math, puzzles, reading, organizing, and playing with paper. her "happy place" is the new larger craft room (lucky duck!!!) she set up in her basement in january of this year. organizing her craft room is a constant work-in-progress, but brings inspiration when she finds things she forgot she owned! (we've all been *THERE*, right?!) :)

be sure to check out her blog, Simply Elegant Paper Crafts, but first check out her blue christmas card:
June says, "I came up with this idea during Jingle Belles' Recycle, Re-use and Jingle challenge. My card that week used a blue paint chip from Home Depot and I had Elvis' "Blue Christmas" stuck in my head. I recently was re-organizing my Christmas-themed papers and embellishments and came across a set of vintage post cards that I have owned since 1989, but I had NEVER used. I remembered seeing this card on Lauren's blog; her card was just the inspiration I was looking for! I fell in love with the sapphire blue of Santa's suit."


lauren says, "even though technically the prompt has nothing to do with elvis, and we only need to use the color BLUE; as soon as june suggested it, i remembered that i had elvis stickers and was determined to work them into my design! the result is one of my weirder christmas cards, but i really like it!" :)

Stephanie says, "I think blue is the perfect color palette for Frosty... and how could you possibly be blue with that cute little face smiling back at you??"


so now it's time to see what you will do: sapphire, robin's egg, cerulean or baby blue? elegant, whimsical, fancy or fun? stamped, diecut, painted, collaged... or all of the above??! turn up your elvis records, turn on your mojo, and get crafty with BLUE CHRISTMAS! inlinkz will be open until 6pm EST next wednesday, august 3rd. the keyword for galleries or our flickr group is JB31.

in the meantime, you might like to check out crafty steals where they are wrapping up a rather fab "christmas in july" promotion with bargains we christmas card-makers are BOUND to love; not to mention a christmas card sketch challenge that runs through monday on their blog... where, we've heard tell, a certain christmas card inspiration blog with the initials ♥JB♥ might just be today's "featured site"!!! check it out if you have a minute! ;)




12 comments:

June Houck said...

Oh WOW, L&S, our cards are so different from each other's…terrific to see varied styles! Lauren, your card has me smiling so hard that my cheeks hurt :) It is so purely Lauren, and you know how much I love that! Stef, your snowman is so cute, the font completes the vintage-y feel of the image, and the paper looks like snow!

Ros said...

Fabulous challenge June ... Love your card!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love Lauren's Elvis-themed Christmas card!

Anne said...

I love this theme.. first of all because it is Elvis inspired and secondly because blue is a cool color..

Judy Ford said...

Decorations of red on a green Chrismtas Tree won't mean a thing dear if your not here with me!!!!
Wow not since Elvis have I been so excited about Blue Christmas!!!

Ladies WOW!!!

Yes Lauren.... the blue Merry Christmas should have glitter!!!
lol

Linda Brun said...

Yes, I've made my first x-mas card this year, thank you girls for the great inspiration.

Anonymous said...

wonderful challenge theme
elborgi

Carol said...

Gorgeous designs ladies. love the challenge. Carol x

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

You girls rocked it again!

Deanne :)

~amy~ said...

I love the challenge...big fan of the non-traditional colored holiday cards...had a ton of fun ladies!!!!! Thanks and your cards are the best!

Lorraine said...

June, this was a wonderful challenge. Lauren, your Elvis card is the coolest - my dh would love that. Steph, that palette is perfect for that cute little snowman - he looks right at home.

Rose said...

super cards girls :)

i forgot you are 3 hrs ahead of me but my card is HERE for this challenge :)